10.10 - Lookin' Like a Blue-Haired Lady on a Sunday Drive

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.10 - Lookin' Like a Blue-Haired Lady on a Sunday Drive

Postby PepeNY on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Discuss!
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:21 pm

Race history was made tonight.

With the DK Crew and Bama both making it past tonight, that guarantees that one (or both) of them will be the first all-female team(s) to make the Final Three.

Also, the Chos need to not stop 532718 times, but since they got Bama to follow them, they got away with it. Until the whole "run in with the cops" deal :P
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby KenF on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:22 pm

I like the Cho's. I really do, but their strategy to keep their backpack in the race helped Alabama out more than them. Plus, they were a bit too indecisive.

I couldn't believe how many teams didn't know how to pronounce Kee-ev. Then again, there are a lot of places I can't pronounce either. ;-)

Tyler/James finally got back in first. It took a while, but they managed. And look out for the Yield next week!
KenF
taking a detour

Postby jurassic5 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:25 pm

KenF wrote:I couldn't believe how many teams didn't know how to pronounce Kee-ev. Then again, there are a lot of places I can't pronounce either. ;-)

i was wondering that too...but i guess in Russian it's spelled and pronounced Kiev...and in Ukrainian it's spelled Kyiv
jurassic5
at the start line

Postby Bart Ender on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:27 pm

On the pronounciation thing - Kiev just recently officially became "Kyiv" to the US Government. KEE-ev and KEEV are kind of like Bombay and Mumbai, respectively.

The *wins needed to race. The *lyns need to quit bitching. Rob needs a nap and a shave. The models need to stop turning into Who 2.0. The BQ's need to get out of my dreams and in to my car.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby cutecouple on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:28 pm

I think that the teams were pronouncing Kiev the way the travel agent did, which may be the right thing to do.

As for the teams - they pretty much finished the way I expected, once the Backpack finally split up. Nice showing by the Cho's with their unorthodox strategy.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby jurassic5 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:30 pm

found it ironic when lyn and karalyn got pissed at the Cho's for following them. i think one of them said "i wish they would quite following us...".
Last edited by jurassic5 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jurassic5
at the start line

Postby rabrab on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:34 pm

Well, the lady at the information booth said it "Keev" not "Kee-ev". I suspect that "Kee-ev" is an anglicization.

And as much as I dislike seing a team stop repeatedly for directions, it does make sense to do so if you're not sure of where you're going (At least, it makes more sense than just driving on at whim, to me.) What doesn't make sense is continuing to follow someone while bitching about how they drive. 'Bama should have peeled off from the Cho's long before they did.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby Tris on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Loved the rapping. Karlyn's "break it down"s cracked everyone up.

I thought that Erwin and Godwin's constant stopping would kick them out eventually, and it did. I actually knew they would go this episode because STUPID AOL PUT THE WRONG PREVIEW!
Tris
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:48 pm

The raps were funny, but Alabama's was indeed the best.

The models need to stop turning into Who 2.0.

You're so right, Bart. The Models are definitely turning into Team Who 2.0. I can't tell either one apart. They're devoid of personality. Besides them overcoming drugs, is there anything you can remember from them? LOL.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby theschnauzers on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:52 pm

"Then say something smart" -- still the best one-liner of the season so far.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:25 pm

LOVED the T-64 tanks. I was just whooping and hollering here in my movie room through the whole thing. And Zeus help me, it was sorta hot watching Kim drive it.

The rapping...typically it's like fingernails on a chalkboard hearing people rap who don't know what they're doing - and it still was - but maybe I was still giddy from the awesomeness of the tanks. I did laugh at the way Lyn and Karlyn got into it. Did NOT expect Kim to want to do that for some reason. So not my favorite detour (since the other choice was needle-in-a-haystack) but still a great episode.

I said out loud "This is the India leg of this Race" - my god were those people worn out.

Can anyone elaborate what the Chos did? Occasionally my digital cable sorta freezes and you have to change the channel and change back to wake it up. I had audio but I missed a few seconds of video. Sounded like they drove into a parade or something. There was too much foreboding music telegraphing that they'd be out EARLY in the show.

They were nice guys, but I like that all the teams now left are out for blood, balls-to-the-wall.

I REALLY hope that James & Tyler and (especially) the BQs are being set up for a gigantic comeuppance. I was glad the guys beat the BQs, but it was just the lesser of two evils. I just can't root for anyone who's left except Rob & Kimberly, weird as that may seem. They've grown on me, they get the job done.

The *lyns followed the Chos halfway across the steppes and 5 seconds after they take the lead, Karlyn can't help but say the Chos should run their own race. I get the feeling Lyn is all right but that Karlyn...ugh.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby PepeNY on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:30 pm

I thought it was smart of the Lyns to make a list of countries and work on their rap as soon as they got the clue. D&K seemed to spend a lot of time at the studio working on their rap.
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby yikes on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:38 pm

Bart Ender wrote:The BQ's need to get out of my dreams and in to my car.

Oh Bart. You can do better...with that line.

The Chos? Sweet, likable guys. Their problem? They cannot RAAAACE. Seriously, why the hell are they still honoring this alliance? Waiting at the roadblock for the Lyns? My God, by the time it was over, I was glad they got bounced.

The Lyns? Biggest hypocrites ever on this show.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby vinzanity on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:41 pm

PepeNY wrote:I thought it was smart of the Lyns to make a list of countries and work on their rap as soon as they got the clue. D&K seemed to spend a lot of time at the studio working on their rap.

Very wise of them indeed. You gotta admit these teams are all very smart. First thing they arrived on Kiev, they asked cab drivers to guide and lead them the way. Rob even went to the extremes by picking up a Ukrainian couple to do all the dirty work.

Wohoo! Yield on the next episode. I'm gonna say it now. The only chance Lyn and Karlyn has whatsoever in reaching the top 3 is if someone other than them gets yielded.

Note: This is not a spoiler, just pure speculation on my part.
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Next

Return to Past Seasons