10.9 - Being Polite Sucks Sometimes

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.9 - Being Polite Sucks Sometimes

Postby miri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:57 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby PepeNY on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:00 pm

LOVED all of the mud. I never laughed so hard at TAR before!
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby Giuseppe on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:00 pm

Haha...James just couldn't wait to hop on Tyler's back and slap his ass.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby DouginNYC on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Haha...James just couldn't wait to hop on Tyler's back and slap his ass.

And I thought he was the bottom in their relationship.

Loved the episode! Enough with the damn alliance talk already. Rob is suffering from some killer fatigue.
DouginNYC
road blocked

Postby Tris on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:05 pm

Loved this leg. Mud all around! And Lyn and Karlyn have finally realized that it's a RAAACE and they can now race to their own benefit. The angel dive looked fun. I would've liked to do it. (I guess you can tell that I am not scared of heights.)

Completely agree on the KF front. I think it's both Rob and Kimberly thatare suffering. Karlyn seems to be in the early stages of KF too.

Gimme an E! Gimme an M! Gimme an M! Gimme a Y! What's that spell...
Tris
taking a detour

Postby theschnauzers on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:13 pm

This is now officially the best season we've had in a long time.

That was a long- multiple connection flight the teams found; they obviously found a way that got them all to Helsinki a lot sooner than the provided Paris flight would have permitted.

Olympic Stadium....again. Helsinki was the site of the 1952 Summer Games, so that makes now many Olympic cities? I've lost count.
Last edited by theschnauzers on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby DariaG on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:13 pm

The six-pack is a figment of the Cho brothers' imaginations -- total wishful thinking. Bama will take but not give; it's been like that all along. I've no doubt the six-pack teams were true friends, but that's as far as Bama goes.

Loved the detour! I wish they'd all had to do the obstacle course. And I wish we'd seen more of it and just skipped the roadblock, which wasn't that interesting.

I loved Phil's narration of the detour options as he stood there in his hip waders trying not to look disgusted or laugh.

This was the first week the models seemed gay to me, so I imagine that for those of you who've been picking it up previously they seemed really, really gay. But I suspect what I was picking up was an emotional dependency that sort of came from their rehab experience, combined with being model-y. Anyway, I'm liking them better now that there are fewer teams.

The BQs are still racing hard and ruthlessly, which I don't mind.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Loraxe on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:17 pm

I was so busy expecting Rob and Kimberly to be eliminated from the penalty for taking a cab to the train station, that I didn't realize it was a TBC until the models got the rappeling clue.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby jurassic5 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:21 pm

love how dustin and kandance keep refering to Lyn and Karalyn as "Tha Sistas"...wonder if they do that with every black person they meet...
jurassic5
at the start line

Postby miri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:24 pm

The six-pack is a figment of the Cho brothers' imaginations -- total wishful thinking. Bama will take but not give; it's been like that all along.

At least tonight Karlyn told Godwin to "go ahead" in the mine and he did - they didn't wait for the Lyn's to catch up. Progress!
miri

Postby Chamo on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:26 pm

DariaG wrote:The six-pack is a figment of the Cho brothers' imaginations

You're 100% correct. It also explains the new question on the TAR12 application on whether you would like the million split among all the racers.

It's a race guys. The winner takes all the marbles. The Cho team better get it real quick or they risk being philiminated. Bama would be almost out if the Cho had not told them about their flights in Madagascar. At least at the end of tonight's episode they showed Godwin saying that the pack was broken. Let's hope for their sake that it's so.
Last edited by Chamo on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chamo
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby curse reversed on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:27 pm

Why would R/K get a penalty for taking a cab to the train station? I don't remember hearing anything saying you couldn't.
I loved Phil's narration of the detour options as he stood there in his hip waders trying not to look disgusted or laugh.

The only thing that would have made that better would have been if the guy doing the steeplechase had done a cannonball and soaked Phil with mud.

Should be interesting watching Erwin and 'Bama do the angel dive next week. Seeing the rappell from the racer's perspective made me dizzy-same thing happens when I try to watch the skycam at a sporting event.
curse reversed
bunched

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:28 pm

Not a lot to say about this episode...but I think I've decided I want Rob and Kim to win. There, I said it. Throw your rocks. And of course, I come to this decision as they're in last place :)
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Chamo on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:35 pm

theschnauzers wrote:That was a long- multiple connection flight the teams found; they obviously found a way that got them all to Helsinki a lot sooner than the provided Paris flight would have permitted.

I was surprised that there was not a South Africa to Helsinki via London connection that was faster than what they took. Taking a connection through Ethiopia and Frankfurt can be a slow and risky avenue. On the few times that I was at Heathrow I have seen the tarmac loaded with quite a few South African airplanes.
Chamo
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby yikes on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:49 pm

curse reversed wrote:

The only thing that would have made that better would have been if the guy doing the steeplechase had done a cannonball and soaked Phil with mud.

I was actually WAITING for that moment. But seeing Phil's "Hey guy, NO MUD lands on this face!" was good enough.

*Lyns? SHUT. UP. NOW. Bitching on the BQ's looks, cutting in line at the taxi, showing to the other train passengers that they are NOT friends with Rob and Kimberly....They can't be gone fast enough.
yikes
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons