TAR 8-3: I Don't Kiss, I Make Out

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby MacMadame on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:41 pm

I saw some dollar bills. They had to eat on this leg (the Waffle House at a minimum) so they must have gotten some money.
MacMadame
TARfly

Postby rabrab on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:02 pm

I'm sorry, but the 'sleep-deprived' explanation doesn't wash for me. If you're tired, and you're on a cross-country bus ride for who-knows-how-long, for ghod's sake, -- Go to Sleep! Maybe it'll only be an hour nap, m,aybe it'll be a solid six or eight hours. Sleep when you get a chance, don't stay awake bitching that you're tired. Especially on a charter bus, where you don't have to deal with the cokehead talking to themself in the seat next to you.

As to why they sent the teams directly to Dulles, filming permits probably had something to do with it; so far I don't remember any time that the racers weren't either directed to one particular airport, or it just happened that all the flights were leaving from the same airport.

On the whole, I'm in the 'it's not TAR but it's still good' camp.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby MacMadame on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:51 pm

rabrab wrote:Especially on a charter bus, where you don't have to deal with the cokehead talking to themself in the seat next to you.

Unless you are the cokehead talking to yourself on the seat next to you. ;)
MacMadame
TARfly

Postby mr mojo on Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:04 pm

The Amazing Achievement of Season 3 was Zach dragging Flo's whiney ass around the world, while she was kicking and screaming.
mr mojo
bunched

Postby FrankTheTank on Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:15 pm

mr mojo wrote:The Amazing Achievement of Season 3 was Zach dragging Flo's whiney ass around the world, while she was kicking and screaming.

This is true! Followed closely by Ian not getting knocked out by Teri or any of the other contestants, and that half the teams did not see the Diesel sticker on the gas door.
FrankTheTank
bunched

Postby jer2002 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:00 pm

And yet they went with boring as hell JVJ and the fucking cheese. What quacks!
jer2002
taking a detour

Postby EnricoV on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:44 am

It doesn't seem indicitave of anything that we haven't learned the individual team members names. In past races, they're called by their first names. So we learned them. More quickly if it was a male/female team...it was fairly easiy to distinguish who was Jon Vito and who was Jill.

Here, they are rarely called by their first names, except in conversation. How are we to learn their names? How long did it take us all to figure know which was Debbie and which was Bianca? Did we ever? Or Brian from Greg? I think I figured it out about the time they were elminated, without having to read the screen caption. And, hey, and I saw the TAR8 premiere snapshots ... we still don't know which one's Shola and which one's Doin.

I am however, able to identify which team is which....with the exception of all the blonde ladies. I have to look to see if one of them looks like Walter to tell the Bransens from the Godlewskis.
EnricoV
bunched

Postby Loraxe on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:46 pm

I have to agree with that, I still don't know Steve from Dave and they are practically family around here. That had better change when we go to Chicago.

I am still ok with this race. I am on the 'this episode was poorly planned' bandwagon though. It was so badly paced, I was positive it was non-elimination.

There was a lot of crankiness in the airport. Almost every team that wasn't full of blondes went down in my estimation this week. I felt bad for the boy too. The way she went over and asked him what he was doing, as if it wasn't obvious he was playfighting with the kid? That family is the ultra competitive one, I am thinking.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby lowbrow on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:48 pm

I don't remember where the title "I don't kiss, I make out" came from but I have a theory ... I think it was probably said by one of the Linz brothers when he was holding up that shrimp next to his lips pretending to kiss it.
lowbrow
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby MacMadame on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:17 pm

EnricoV wrote:I am however, able to identify which team is which....with the exception of all the blonde ladies. I have to look to see if one of them looks like Walter to tell the Bransens from the Godlewskis.

I also am still having trouble telling the Rogeres from the Shroeders. I would have to find Stassi to figure them out. Luckily the Rogeres got eliminated so I don't have to worry about it any more.
MacMadame
TARfly

Postby TPorter2 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:42 am

Is this the first time the instructions to the next route marker have been different based on which detour you took? Walk for the Forrest Gump folks, drive for the Muddy Waters people. It sure muddied the waters...
TPorter2
fast forwarding

Postby M. Darcy on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:57 am

Phil has said that the cheese FF was on of his favorite moments of TAR so maybe its a fav of TPTB.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Tribefan on Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:30 am

Loraxe wrote:I have to agree with that, I still don't know Steve from Dave and they are practically family around here.

Pssst.....Steve = white hair, Dave = mustache.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby Super Goten on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:44 pm

Hey, you think that's bad guys... it took me up until about the 6th or 7th episode of TAR5 to know which of the Bowling Moms was Linda and which was Karen.... and i LIKED THEM!
Super Goten
road blocked

Postby Piperdown on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:52 pm

Was Karen the screechy one? Or was that Linda. That's the only way I know them Screechy/non-screechy.
Piperdown
TARfly

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons