***** SPOILERS FOR TAR8 *****

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

***** SPOILERS FOR TAR8 *****

Postby Tribefan on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 pm

A friend of mine in NYC just called me to tell me that his friend Ray thinks he saw TAR8 Families in New York City today.

We think it's really odd that families would be in NY and not headed immediately out of the country, and we agree that this COULD be a decoy.

In the event that it's a real spoiler though, here's what he told me his friend saw:

3 families driving down Broadway and stopping outside a place called Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) in Soho. The only other business there is a bank, so he doesn't think they were headed to the bank. There was a cop there who didn't seem to have a problem with them parking on the street.

Of the three families he saw, two were white and one was African-American. One of the families (don't know which one) had a really little kid who he thought was about 7 years old (I think he said it was a "he", and the kid must be at least 8, since that's the cut-off). The kid was yelling out the window (to traffic?) to "let them over."

They were driving cars (SUV's? I don't know.) and there were cameramen. The cars were fairly new and had different license plates (one was Michigan, one was New Jersey, the other was ??). That could just mean they were rentals we agreed that cars/SUVs would be likely (over cabs) because of the sheer number of people that have to be in each vehicle.

Anyway, we don't know if this is for real, or a decoy, or what, but my friend wanted me to post it on TARflies first so that we can check against any other spoilers that might come in!
Last edited by Tribefan on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby pseudostudent on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:51 pm

DingoDan just heard on the New Jersey talk radio station (101.5FM) that drivers should avoid Washington Crossing bridge in Hopewell Township until 6pm "due to ongoing filming of the Amazing Race." That was all they said.

Would they run a decoy leg that far?
pseudostudent
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:54 pm

Interesting. Maybe it's a trial run, since sometimes they have Race staff try out the various tasks?

Well, since spoiler season is upon us, over the last few months I've seen a couple of reports regarding teams that made it deep into the interview process. One team was 4 brothers, the oldest being in his early 20s and the youngest in his mid-teens. Another was an engaged couple and their mothers. It will be interesting to see if either of these teams actually made the cut.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Tribefan on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:07 pm

Elise told someone two weeks ago that she was "getting ready to travel." We took that to mean that they were getting ready to run the Race. The timing was about right.

That's interesting, what Dingo Dan heard, pseudo. Why on earth would it be so public.....the teams running around Soho and the radio guys knowing about the filming?

I think that everything is new again with this season and we can't necessarily assume that, if something is different from previous races, that it can't be real. It's a whole new ballgame.
Tribefan

Postby pseudostudent on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:12 pm

Yeah, I have no idea why they would say it so openly ... but then again, I'm often amazed by what comes out of the mouths of the DJs on that particular radio station.

It may be possible it's a trial run, or maybe they're doing some kind of promo stuff. But then the blatant announcement would make even less sense to me, because it's less likely the footage would appear on TV. Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)
pseudostudent
fast forwarding

Postby miri on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:14 pm

It could be that it's the first leg - and so they figure "not a lot of spoilers" since all the teams would be there? I just hope they weren't headed towards London.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby rabrab on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:18 pm

So, tomorrow, someone in the NYC area call the film board and find out if there were any filming permits for the Bridge today. If there were, ask who they were issued to...
The worst that can happen is that they'll say that you need to file an FOI request.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby lucinator on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:20 pm

Wow, I was visiting one of our offices on Broadway at Spring Street in Soho this morning so it would have been cool to see them filming so close by!
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby bluelena on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:53 am

Maybe they were filming the "scenic" stuff that doesn't involve the racers, like "this is the Washington Crossing Bridge. Teams will have to bungee off of it".
bluelena
TARfly

Postby DariaG on Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:17 pm

Our friends at realitytvworld.com have compiled a list of known spoilers to date, with a map. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1179.shtml
DariaG

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:42 pm

Do we know if it's going to be six teams of 4, or still 11 teams of 4? I originally saw that it was 6 teams of four due to the difficulty of trying to film 44 people. I later heard 11 of 4, but given the fact that 6 teams of four were spotted, it could either be due to the fact that everyone was seen, or that 6 out of 11 teams were seen (and it kind of sounds like that).
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Kanuck on Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:13 pm

When we spoke with Elise at TARCon, she said 'probably about 10 teams.'
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby rabrab on Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:08 pm

Here's one that jst hit TWoP this evening:
T2 Today @ 06:56 PM

I usually avoid spoilers, but I have to share this one. My husband just called from Dulles airport (outside Washington D.C.), and he just saw Phil and three production types checking in for a United flight (at around 7:45pm eastern time). No clue which flight; they were in the first-class line and poor hubby was stuck in a long economy line and couldn't hear anything or follow/stalk Phil. If he happens to run into Phil again and sees which flight he's on, I'll post again.

And, here's a list of the direct flights on United leaving Dulles afetr 7:45:

Chicago IL (O'Hare) United 295 07:53 PM

Denver United 249 08:06 PM

San Francisco CA United 951 08:15 PM

Mexico City United 981 08:30 PM

San Francisco CA United 951 08:35 PM

London Heathrow United 924 09:30 PM

Frankfurt United 932 09:35 PM

Oakland CA United 185 09:35 PM

Los Angeles CA United 925 09:39 PM

He was in the check-in line at the front desk, not at a terminal or boarding gate, so that means that the shuttle ride to a terminal and the security lines were still ahead of him. I'd say that that those factors almost certainly eliminate any of the flights leaving before about 8:15, and makes the ones leaving before about 8:45 somewhat unlikely. So London or Frankfurt, or they're doing a westward Race this time around.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:18 am

Phil was in the area and didn't call? Sigh.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:51 pm

They had a leg of the race in D.C. I almost got ran over by a team! I was going to follow, but it was too hot

Next

Return to Past Seasons