Jonathan & Victoria - Married Entrepreneurs

Talk about the past TAR racers here.

Postby VenturePrise on Mon May 16, 2005 3:28 pm

Thanks for all your commentary this season Jonathan. I like the ideas with the themes for your insidepulse commentaries. Karma, Spirituality, Gnomes, Whammies...

Great stuff.

..and I'm glad you enjoyed SanDiego. Must have been a fun racer reunion.
VenturePrise
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby VenturePrise on Sat May 28, 2005 7:36 pm

Here's Final Race Recaps on the day of the finale. Other racers besides Jonathan, chimed in with their views. They went to Sea World first, then to Trophy's and gave a live recap right from there.

Great Listen.
VenturePrise

season 7 racers

Postby MaggieBeans on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:18 pm

Jonathan have you met any of the racers from season 7 and what did you think of them? Did you make friends with them?
MaggieBeans
the world is waiting

hey

Postby Jonathan Baker on Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:41 pm

We have spent time with most of the cast at one time or another. I think they were a great season.
Jonathan Baker
amazing racer

Postby MaggieBeans on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:55 pm

So what do you think of Lynn/Alex and Brian/Greg. Were they both as nice and hilarious as they seemed on the show.

Lynn/Alex on the show and in real life seem like such a great couple and look like they will have a wonderful life together.

Brian/Greg, as brothers on the show and I am certain in real life they look so close and their bond with each other looks unbreakable, its great to see that because you don't see that much with brothers in todays society. They also look like they can make friends easily.

Jonathan love your blogs and Victoria is Gorgeous.
MaggieBeans
the world is waiting

Postby Jonathan Baker on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:49 am

So what do you think of Lynn/Alex and Brian/Greg. Were they both as nice and hilarious as they seemed on the show.

Yes they were true to life... I like them both very much.

Lynn/Alex on the show and in real life seem like such a great couple and look like they will have a wonderful life together.

They are a great couple

Brian/Greg, as brothers on the show and I am certain in real life they look so close and their bond with each other looks unbreakable, its great to see that because you don't see that much with brothers in todays society. They also look like they can make friends easily.

The borthers were soooo much fun. We watched first half of the season with them at busbys sports bar in santa monica ca.

Jonathan love your blogs

Thank you I try to make it interesting

and Victoria is Gorgeous.

Don't I know it :) Good heart too

http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com
Jonathan Baker
amazing racer

Postby VenturePrise on Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:55 pm

As continued from the Media thread about the TVgasm article:

I honestly don't think Phil would say that the behavior we were shown on TV is great TV. There has to be more to the picture than what we were given. I can say that Phil did know more about them by sitting and talking with them during pitstops, and seeing their footage throughout the race. I don't think he had a problem with the fighting. All couples fought, but not all was shown. Otherwise, why would he give such a positive quote when they got eliminated. He did say that they were interesting and fun to watch. To me, its like he was honestly supporting J/V during the race, but then forgot who they J/V really were as people, and how they really ran the race, and instead got caught up in the edited version of them.

Many other racers have and continue to say postive and defensive things about Jonathan and Victoria, so I don't think Jonathan and Victoria would speak up against Phil for no reason. I think J/V are disapppointed with him, but I still don't think there is outward hatred towards him.

Actually, the public reaction to Jerri Manthey from Survivor was substantially worse. She was booed off the stage at the Reunion show for All Stars. A little sniping on internet forums is small potatoes in comparison.

Actually, I think there is a big diffence between what J/V dealt with from the public. J was basically accused of a crime of domestic abuse. Viewers sent e-mails (1 million) to CBS to complain about domestic abuse, random people on the street yelled wife-beater/abuser on the street, he has gotten death threats, was disrespected at TARcon. Not only has it carried on from the internet, people have taken whatever Jonathan and Victoria did personally. Anybody would be frustrated if this was far from the truth in real life and react differently becoming more naturally defensive.

In addition, Jonathan said that he planned to be the villian, because villains get noticed, and villains get airtime. Sounds to me like he was planning on being 'great TV' whatever it took.

They planned on being villains, and it spiralled from there once the race got started. Jonathan and Victoria have said that there were many villainous things they did that they didn't show, and all they showed was him being mean to Victoria. That was not his intent, but thats what they solely focused on. That's why he was disapppointed with the storyline because the way they ran the race wasn't the same as they showed it, and they didn't have to go with a storyline that showed the nasty energy for a family show. Thats why he spoke up about it. If they didn't go in that direction, he would have said I'm the biggest villain ever, and would have accepted it, but not with this manufactured abuse storyline.
VenturePrise

Postby Piperdown on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 pm

So basically he's pissed off that he was shown to be the villian they wanted him to be, rather then the villian that he wanted to be. No sympathy....none at all.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby Jonathan Baker on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:06 pm

I am not pissed off about anything. I know what I signed up for and I never asked for sympathy. The Amazing Race was a great experience and we would both do it again when asked. All I ever said was the race we ran was not the same race that was on your TV set.

For the record we have no problem with Phil. We email and talk ever now and then when we have something to say to each other.
Jonathan Baker
amazing racer

Postby Mama Tiger on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:32 pm

I have to say, Jonathan, that I've never actually called someone I like a "motherfucker." It sure doesn't sound friendly to me.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Rachel RSL on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:42 pm

I've called people that name plenty of times. Friend or no friend, if you piss me off, that word often comes out of my mouth.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby joe m on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:47 pm

Jonathan Baker wrote: the race we ran was not the same race that was on your TV set.

So what race were you on, if it wasn't TAR6? (-; Eco-challenge maybe?
joe m
taking a detour

Postby Jonathan Baker on Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:17 pm

Victoria said the words during the interview not me to tell you the truth. The words were used in slang though. Two faced was the point only because of his interaction with us during the race. As I said we have no problem with Phil.

As for what race we ran, well it was TAR6 but because you only saw about 3% of the race there was a lot more you did not see and I am referring to that part of the race. If you did see any of the other parts of the race your thoughts of TAR6 would be different.
Jonathan Baker
amazing racer

Postby joe m on Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:29 pm

Sorry J. That was an attempt at levity on my part. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

I think most people here are aware that 45 minutes of show covers about 2 or 3 days, and with that time being split between the teams, it's impossible for us to get more than just a snippet of what happens.
joe m
taking a detour

Postby MacMadame on Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:17 pm

VenturePrise wrote:J was basically accused of a crime of domestic abuse.

So was Colin. Nothing new there.
MacMadame
TARfly

PreviousNext

Return to Former Racers