12.6 - Cherry on Top of the Sundae That's Already Melted

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

12.6 - Cherry on Top of the Sundae That's Already Melted

Postby miri on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Have at it

I loved it when Ron said they knew what a catamaran was.

What happened to everyone's backpacks?
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 12.6 - Cherry on Top of the Sundae That's Already Melted

Postby Vincir on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:24 pm

miri wrote:I loved it when Ron said they knew what a catamaran was.

This was the best TAR inside joke ever - remember Charla/Mirna last season? ;)
Vincir
the world is waiting

Postby DariaG on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:30 pm

It's official -- TK and Rachel are my favorite team.

OTOH, I hate Jen and Nate as much as they hate each other. Let's hope they haven't reconciled, because they clearly don't belong together. And if they do reconcile and get married, there's always the danger they'll reproduce, which would be awful because the kids would probably get the worst traits of both. I'm so glad they didn't come in first!

Anyway, the challenges weren't all that scintillating this time. Sort of a blah episode IMO.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby yikes on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Phil to Nathan and Jennifer: "Make haste." Huh? And HA!

I loved it when Ron said they knew what a catamaran was.

Finally, something NOT toolish. I couldn't stop laughing at that.

I didn't mind the siblings, but they should have checked to make sure what class those tickets were. My paranoid mind would have forced me to triple check.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby WalterC on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:58 pm

DariaG wrote:Anyway, the challenges weren't all that scintillating this time. Sort of a blah episode IMO.

Especially the roadblock. I was like... "what kind of roadblock is that?

Looks like the Intersection is gone, because this would have been the leg for it. Good riddance.

I thought Arazia & Hendezia would be one of those teams that would finish first in a bunch of legs and make it to the finals, but not win the race, like Colin & Christie and Kris & Jon.

Ron & Chris have surprised me so far, along with Nick & Don. I thought by now, these teams would be gone. Here's still hoping a 2-person family team will win the race for a change.
WalterC
bunched

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:38 pm

I forgot about Charla & Mirna not knowing what a cataram was, I love Tarflies for reminding me about those gems =) Too funny

Best episode of the season! Glad that H & A are gone, I'll never have to learn how to spell their names. He is soo patronising and condescending towards his sister, it was hard to take. I feel sorry for her. I do feel a bit sorry for Nathan, because Jen just starts attacking when something goes wrong. Her thank you to Phil after being sent back to redo the taxi ride, was so forced polite. I am shocked people say they fans of the show and haven't learned how to row a boat properly, at least Ron was rowing correctly. He still gets out of line, but I see a remdemption arch coming. I also see a final three finish, with Rachel & TK, and Kynt & Vyxsin. The airline pilot must still see himself as a little kid around his grandpa, because he still acts a like a kid. Lets Grandpa do most of the detours and the physical detours to boot. And the kid keeps getting annoyed as his grandpa for being human for getting tired and having to do the task at a steady speed. I hope they surprise me for Grandpas sake.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby lucinator on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 am

I thought the zipline tasks were great! I'd love to do that first one.

I'm loving Kynt and Vyxsin more with every episode. I want a pink cowboy hat. And a goth action hero.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby miri on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:56 am

You liking a team wearing pink? Imagine that! :)

I'm just glad there are enough non-super-stressed teams to help balance out Nathan and Jennifer.
miri

Postby camnjmom on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:52 am

I have never traveled business class (or first class for that matter) but wouldn't it say that somewhere on your tickets? It seems like that was a really basic mistake to make, especially for two fairly intelligent people.

I was sorry to see these two be eliminated and was hoping for a non-elimination round but I enjoyed seeing Nate & Jen get sent back for not following the rules. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving couple, especially after Jen stood in the street and whined about how it was "not fair" that they couldn't get a taxi and were not going to be first.
camnjmom
yielded

Postby Stooge-a-holic on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:24 am

I now know who the brother reminds me of ... Wile E Coyote Super Genius. I knew that superior intellect stuff was bound to come back to haunt them. Brother to sister normal meltdown but I just kept picturing Jack Nicholson at the end of "A Few Good Men" having his meltdown on the stand. People who have trouble admitting when they are wrong drive me crazy, you made a mistake move on.

Go Goths ... didnt think they would be my favorite team but by the 3rd week they started to grow on me.

editted to add:
I have never traveled business class (or first class for that matter) but wouldn't it say that somewhere on your tickets?

Nate and Jenn have a new travel class -- NO
Stooge-a-holic
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:42 am

I have a new hero - that cab driver. And you know, when you are turned down by one cab, it makes sense to just stand in the middle of the street screaming. It will make it so much easier to get another cab. As soon as they got on that car, I said that they weren't allowed to do that.

Whew on the ending. I have nothing against the brother/sister (except he was a jerk to her at the airport) but I like the Grandfather/son (even though I can never remember their names).
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby WalterC on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 am

Stooge-a-holic wrote:I now know who the brother reminds me of ... Wile E Coyote Super Genius. I knew that superior intellect stuff was bound to come back to haunt them.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is MUD."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
WalterC
bunched

Postby KenF on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:12 am

Checking my DVD recording of the race, Azaria did tell the agent that he wanted Economy, but the agent apparently didn't hear him. It's up to he and Hendekea to check the tickets before they leave the agent's office. Never assume.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby OneAnne on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:29 am

Last night was not one of my favorite episodes... overall it felt really uneven. It seemed like alot of time was spent at the airport with not a lot of drama except for the ticketing mistake, then the tasks were really rushed and the editing seemed choppy. I was happy with the sibling's elimination though, as his treatment of her was getting on my nerves. Also liked that K/V got more screen time and hope that the preview meltdown for next week turns into nothing, as previews so often do.
OneAnne
bunched

Postby djeber on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:55 am

Not one of my favorite episodes, although I did enjoy watching Nate & Jen have a meltdown. However, my favorite moment was in the next episode previews, when Kent yells "Damnit Vixen, you stop this car right now!" It's the delivery that cracked me up.
djeber
eating, sleeping & mingling

Next

Return to Past Seasons