16.8 - You're Like Jason Bourne, Right?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.8 - You're Like Jason Bourne, Right?

Postby Babalu on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 am

I love the cowboys so dang much. (I'm the only one, right?) I've been walking around the house saying "HEL-lo, guru!" for the past half hour - to the cats, to Alan, to no one.

I'm really enjoying the other brothers, too. Jordan is clearly thrilled to be living his life's dream, and Dan's way beyond the point of racing just to make his brother happy - he's having loads of fun, as well.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Re: 16.8 - You're Like Jason Bourne, Right?

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 am

While I am sad to see Steve and Ally go .. MY COWBOYS ARE STILL IN IT!!!!!

Love the two teams that have already made plans for another yield.
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby PhilG on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 am

Not gonna do the Genius Models much good to plan on U-turning/Yielding Carol and Brandy if they're gonna be behind them. They should focus a little more on their own game and a little less about "the mean lesbians."
PhilG
road blocked

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 am

Aw, I'm going to miss Steve and Allie. I actually was getting a little worried that Louie was going to die during that detour.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby macaddict on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 am

I agree, PhilG. It's always better to run your own race rather than seek revenge on another team.
That said, no one really got on my nerves this leg. And except for the cowboys, who just rock, the outcome really seemed to come down to the luck of the cabbie. Well, except for Steve and Allie, who might still be in it if they hadn't bald snarked.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 am

Or if they'd just stayed in the damn cab! I can't say I'm sad to see them go though. They seemed like nice people but, in terms of entertainment, they were like watching paint dry.

I wish Jet & Cord could be on every season. I always have a smile on my face when they're on screen! And they never seem to get flustered or upset. Ever. I think they have some previously unheard of cowboy version of the Cha.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby Bart Ender on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 am

I believe Gravy is the Cowboy Cha.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby evening on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:40 am

all I kept thinking was if this race was run in Nov/Dec - Steve and Allie are going to come back to the US in some cold weather (unless the final city is LA or Miami - home of El Rey de Havana) - and poor Steve/Allie would be freezing - so I guess its good that they're out.
evening
road blocked

Postby njlady30 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 am

I loved that the cowboys went from last to first! They just rocked each step - didn't get nervous when they brought the wrong tea to the man and wow just killed the whole leg of the race. I hope they win
njlady30
at the start line

Postby rredd on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:10 pm

I had confidence that Jet and Cord would be safe, but I didn't anticipate the way they smoked the course. And I loved that they won a trip to Hawaii for this leg win (I'm guessing Cord is getting that one for his honeymoon.) With blatent smack talk about getting rid of the lesbians for two weeks in a row now, I can't shake the feeling that we're heading for something big ... a showdown, a meltdown, something. They are building that rivalry a bit too much for there not to be a sweet, sweet payoff soon.
rredd
the world is waiting

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 pm

I think they have some previously unheard of cowboy version of the Cha.

Very well put, Rachel -- I couldn't agree more.

I find it kind of awesome that of all the teams that have run the race before, the cowboys remind me most of those gay latin fabulosos. LOVE.
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby Tea-time on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Cowboy cha - I like it! They aren't perfect racers, but I like that they focus on the task at hand and don't get flustered when something goes wrong. And they don't seem to spend much time obsessing about other teams.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby Loraxe on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Even I love the cowboys, and more so every week. Enough that I don't like the comparison to the Chas since they are one of the teams I can't stand. I actually thought the cowboys were quite upset and that they dealt with it very well. So much self control and um, what's the word for getting on with it and getting the job done? And in the heat that made everyone else cranky. Love them, especially the ginger one.

What I loved about the father daughter team this time around was how they both had a bit of a melt down, but at different times, and were able to pull it together enough to support each other. Sad to see them go.

THe cops are so manipulating the models. Nice. I hope it doesn't help anyone but the cowboys.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby cooper on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Bad luck for Steve and Allie but as Rachel said, they weren't the most exciting of the remaining teams so for the good of the show I'm not totally devastated by their depature.

Great episode, liking pretty much all the teams that remain. I didn't even mind Carol and Brandy this week. And I'm sorry but I have to say I really like Caite, she was pretty impressive this week, not a single moan out of her when she was doing the carrying, or throwing the coconuts. I can think of so many other past contestants who would have been crying and whinging the whole way through doing something like that, when they didn't get the coconut on the first or second try. Brent is the one who keeps moaning and complaining all the time and he seems to be the one who is more obsessed about beating the lesbians, at least he's the one that goes on about it. Caite just seems to take everything in her stride. You know, I actually wouldn't have a problem with HER getting to the final 3 at this stage!!!
cooper
bunched

Postby buckybacker on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Great leg - loved the fact that the temple took so much longer. Once again, swapping Detour choices does in a team. I'm giving my partner (if I get on) full permission slap me if I suggest it at all.

The only thing that annoyed me was the whole "mean lesbians" comments. While I'm no gay rights advocate, I would be so tempted to start calling Team Model "the heterosexuals," "the mean heterosexuals," "the Eunuchs," or something just to drive home the point that being lesbians does not a team define. Except probably in the world of reality TV. Worst use of a label since the "dating 12 years - virgins" one.

A little sad to see Steve and Allie go since they were starting to find their personality but can't shed too many tears. Brothers are starting to have fun which will carry them well.
buckybacker
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons