16.7 - Anonymous?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.7 - Anonymous?

Postby Kanuck on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 am

Discuss.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Re: 16.7 - Anonymous?

Postby rockhpi on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:52 am

Glad the cowboys are still in it. Loved the turtles, surprised that 3 out of 5 teams left a coconut. Wouldn't you have a look around before you left? Yes you would, if you were the cops.

These legs seem short...maybe it's just that with increased commercial time, they have to move things right along, but the legs don't seem to last long.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 am

I was sweating it out with the cowboys. So glad they are still in it.

I squealed with joy on the bunching!
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 am

Heh, I was just about to start a thread for the episode. I don't know what it says about TAR or TARflies.com that there are no posts about the episode yet.

So glad the cowboys are still in it! I cracked up at the little country song added at the very end. The Amazing editors totally deserve a raise!

This seriously has to be the dumbest cast ever! Maybe "dumb" isn't the right word but it's certainly the cast that pays the least amount of attention to details. Really important details! Also, heh, "anonymous". The look on Phil's face!

I'm so ready for Brent and Caite to go. I mean, their stupidity amuses me, and I don't doubt that they're decent people "in real life" but I can't stand the thought of them winning! He actually amuses me more than her, she's just irritating. (His earnest "I wasn't bad in school!" cracked me up.) Yes, Carol and Brandy made a comment about her tiara but she's spent the rest of the Race referring to them as "the mean lesbians" which bothers me WAY more than anything Carol and Brandy have said. Also, I'm sorry, anyone who comes up with a non-sentence like "the Iraq and such as..." deserves to be mocked for all eternity.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 am

re the tiara comment from Carol Brady .. I love how the brothers have been glazed over by everyone. Because their comments are what sparked that comment.
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby OneAnne on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 am

The Seychelles Islands are on my 1000 places to visit list, so I was thrilled the race finally went there (and that I know how to pronounce it, unlike most of the teams :)). The Cowboys really need to smarten up and start paying attention to details. I kind of like that Steve and Allie decided to keep moving forward when they realized they had forgotten their back packs and kind of don't - hopefully they'll work it out to their advantage.

Last night it occurred to me that one of the reasons I am enjoying this season so much is that the Editors haven't beat us over the head with the teams backstories/hooks: like having to listen to the cheating-husband-trying-to-fix-our-relationship-by-racing-around-the-world-story in every interview. Thank you TPTB.
OneAnne
bunched

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 am

AndreaInNC wrote:re the tiara comment from Carol Brady .. I love how the brothers have been glazed over by everyone. Because their comments are what sparked that comment.

I think that's probably because the cops were total shit disturbers and told Brent and Caite what Carol and Brandy said, maybe not realizing that the mocking had originated with the brothers.
Rachel RSL

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:15 am

This seriously has to be the dumbest cast ever!
I think this The Amazing Race - Stupid Edition. 3 teams failed to look behind them to make sure none of the coconuts were left behind? Really?

So, what theme of 7 was Phil talking about. Other than the 7 bottles, I got nothing.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby BuzzyBeans on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 am

Oh my gravy:) So glad it's a non-elim! I realized I am really enjoying a majority of the teams this time around especially the cowboys. Most of the teams seem to get what the race is all about. Brent and Caite need to go. If I hear her say it is unfair one more time....I may have to pull a shoe from my tv!
BuzzyBeans
the world is waiting

Postby Tea-time on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am

M. Darcy wrote:So, what theme of 7 was Phil talking about. Other than the 7 bottles, I got nothing.

I didn't get that, either. Maybe there were 7 tortoises to choose from in the Detour? And it was the 7th leg of the race.

When I saw that Caite bounced a coconut onto the ground, I was so hoping that would be it for them, especially seeing how they complained the whole time driving the ox. Yet again, they lucked out when teams behind them made mistakes.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 am

I can't believe none of the teams used that opportunity to make a single "My ox is broken!" joke.
Rachel RSL

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am

Is it too much to ask that there be a double elim next week, with both the Finger-pointing LAsbians and the Anonymous Models (seriously -- when even Miss And Such As looks embarrassed for you? You're in serious mental trouble!!) getting the boot??

It is?? Why??? That's not FAAAAAAAIR!!!!

In other words: Shut up, The Iraq. A lot and forever. Also, her mulleted bf (who amuses me, too, Rachel) is in serious danger of falling victim to what I call Miss Allie's Rule of Quitting Quitters -- if you say "I quit!" 3 times, you automatically get the boot right there. Would that that were true....

As for everybody else, I know this is about the time when serious KF kicks in, but that many mistakes? And STUPID ones like not looking to make sure you didn't leave any coconuts. I'm with M. Darcy -- I think this is indeed TAR -- Stupid Edition.

Really loving Steve and Allie, though, with their badass move to leave the packs. I really really hope it works out for them. Plus, they actually managed the only God reference EVER that I appreciated on this show: basically "This is so beautiful, God -- thanks for making it!! I'm so lucky to be here with my Dad to enjoy it!" I'm not a big fan of overt religion or God-talk, but that was one sentiment I could definitely get behind.

I can't believe none of the teams used that opportunity to make a single "My ox is broken!" joke.

Me, neither -- disappointing. Showed me that none of the ones left are fans of the show. I, on the other hand, was yelling "Your ox is broken!!!" at the tv. While on the Ellipse machine. At the gym. HEE!!!
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:31 am

One thing that bugged me was how they went from 2 legs in a row with no bunching whatsoever to a leg with: "You're all getting on the same plane regardless of how far ahead you were when you checked in." That just seemed really unfair. It wasn't even a question of airport drama and finding the best flight, it was: "We're all putting you on one flight so if you're ahead, sit around and wait for the stragglers." I understand that there were logistical reasons they had to do it but why not fly all the teams to The Seychelles during the mandatory rest period (make it a 24 hr Pit Stop if need be) and then start the leg as scheduled once you're there?
Rachel RSL

Postby macaddict on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 am

I'm starting to think this could be the dumbest season season the Family Edition, racer-wise. My favorite moment was when even the turtle wanted nothing to do with Carol and Brandy and was all "get me the hell out of here."
I think it was unwise of Steve and Allie to not go back and get their packs. If it had been me I would have gladly sacrificed first place on a leg for clean underwear the next day.
but why not fly all the teams to The Seychelles during the mandatory rest period (make it a 24 hr Pit Stop if need be) and then start the leg as scheduled once you're there?
Oh, I like that idea. I felt badly for Louie and Michael that they had to sit there and watch that lead they'd built up just evaporate.
Last edited by macaddict on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 am

I don't understand why they couldn't just go back and get them after they checked in.
Rachel RSL

Next

Return to Past Seasons