16.6 - Cathy Drone?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.6 - Cathy Drone?

Postby Kanuck on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Discuss.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Re: 16.6 - Cathy Drone?

Postby rockhpi on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 am

Aw-I liked Jeff & Jordan - they had an affable goofy charm. Now we're stuck with Brent & Caitie who are in full-on "I hate you" Eric & Danielle-mode.

Otherwise, I think it was a pretty well-designed leg. Difficult navigation, decent - if uninspired - tasks. But good.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 am

Aw, I'm going to miss Jordan and Jeff.

Heh, that poor woman - she probably should have just made a poster saying that "Racers - you are at the wrong place".

A mime??!!! WTF Race. Please, never again.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 am

I know! I was like: "Ewwww! A creepy ass mime!"

I'm so gonna miss Jeff and Jordan! I knew they were toast as soon as they decided to build the champagne tower. And once the sun went down, they were at a clear disadvantage from the teams who were there earlier, who could spot the grapes from a few rows away. If only they'd searched for the grapes! So bummed! But, even in defeat, they still crack me up! "How pissed do you think Phil is?"

I don't see anything redeeming about the models. They're both so passive aggressive. And StOoPiD! Still loving the cowboys though!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 am

But, even in defeat, they still crack me up! "How pissed do you think Phil is?"
That was great. I want Jeff to stay around and just do commentary on everything.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby evening on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:18 am

Im so sorry to see Jeff and Jordan gone...well, now Jordan can stop postponing her dream to be a dental hygenist (my mother, a retired one who hated every minute of it, cracks up at this!).

Loving Louie and Michael (except for the constant cop references) and the Cowboys... Im ready for the models to go.

My October trip to Paris includes day trip to Rheims or Epernay for Champagne tasting! Thank you TAR for going there! It does seem true that once you get off the train, you can at least walk to Taittinger.
evening
road blocked

Postby PhilG on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 am

M. Darcy wrote: A mime??!!! WTF Race. Please, never again.

My comment when the detectives checked in and there was a mime there was "They're cops--don't they have gun with them?"
PhilG
road blocked

Postby rredd on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Amazing things from this leg:

1. you can go to the wrong town TWICE and still come in fourth.

2. you can wreck a car and not get any sort of penalty.

3. they play the saw in France.

4. that you CAN stack multiple wine glasses and still be structurally sound.
rredd
the world is waiting

Postby Tea-time on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 pm

rredd wrote:4. that you CAN stack multiple wine glasses and still be structurally sound.

I was really surprised that Dan&Jordan's stack survived - the single stack of 4 glasses on top didn't look stable. It must have been in the pouring.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby BuzzyBeans on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm

One of my favorite comments of the night.....Joan of Arc....Is he the one with the animals?
BuzzyBeans
the world is waiting

Postby OneAnne on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:49 pm

I think my most favorite moment was the Cowboys saying people would pay good money for the tour of France they just got for free - in a Mercedes.

I'm really enjoying the Clues that are more cryptic, like they did back in the earlier seasons... how else would so many have ended up at the totally wrong place/town, even after getting directions from locals.

And I'm going to miss Jeff/Jordan's good natured dumbness.
OneAnne
bunched

Postby grubsneerg on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 pm

I'll miss Jeff & Jordan, too. They were a sweet, funny team to root for. Since Dan & Jordan amuse me at the moment, I'll shift my allegiance to them.

Louie & Michael are wearing thin for me, only because this is their third first in a row. I like to see some variety up there at this stage of the race. I'm glad they are enjoying themselves more (of course, it IS always more fun when you're winning!), but c'mon, let someone else enjoy themselves, too!

I'm a fan of the cryptic clues, too, and the misdirections from multiple locals. Not a fan of the mime!!!!
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby cooper on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:55 am

Normally it bugs me when one team dominates and racks up first place after first place. But it's not at the moment. Surprisingly. I didn't like the Detectives much in the first few eps, because they looked so bumbling and hopeless and didn't seem like they would last three legs. They've transformed into a completely different team these last few legs now and have become one of my top 3 teams to root for. They're having a lot of fun, enjoying what they are doing, and racing well at the moment - all things I look for in a team. The last time I didn't mind one team racking up loads of 1st place finishes was BJ and Tyler.

Jet and Cord are also awesome. I was terrified for a moment that they had made one of those inexplicable and monumental fuck-ups that other strong teams have made in the past, which wipes them out from the race in one swoop. Thank God they were able to pull it back - TWICE!!!!! It was very reckless of them rushing off to Champagne after they got the cork without putting a bit more thought into their decision. That's the kind of thing that can knock a good team out. Phew!

Damn, I was sorry to see Jeff and Jordan go. They were my 3rd favourite team!! He's a nice, solid bloke and shes as cute as a button even if she is a bit on the...airy-fairy side. But she's so happy and jolly, how could you not love her! They were very dignified in their departure also.

Dan and Jordan - another team who are great fun to watch. Enjoying themselves, cracking jokes, having fun, and racing well. Wow! These are probably my new 3rd favourite team now. Although its a tough one, as Steve and Allie are also vying for that honour. Steve is MacGyver! He made some crack about somebody throwing the duct tape into his bag for him, but he's trying to cover up for the fact that he got the idea from MacGyver! I love these guys!

Carol and Brandy...every time I think I might start to like them, Carol (or is it Brandy) throws one of her tantrums and pisses me off. What is with her. Every task she has to do she moans and says "I'm so over this". FFS. Live a little. These are the kind of contestants I really can't stand, why the hell are they on the Race if they aren't prepared to do a bungee jump, or a rapel, or a crawl through a field, or a searching task.... THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS ON THE RACE!!! There are so many other people who would kill for that slot, its annoying to see it wasted. I echo Caite's sentiments, I want the lesbians gone.

Which brings me to Brent and Caite. There are pros and cons. The cons - they clearly don't like each other all that much, or rather it seems Caite has gotten sick of Brent and doesn't enjoy being with him anymore. I'm not surprised really, he is a bit gormless and she mightn't be far wrong when she says all his decisions are wrong. Maybe she's entitled to be annoyed with him. The thing is she comes across as a spoilt little princess when she is. She seemed really down this ep, like she had already given up. But I have to say I thought it was great when they got to the pitstop early,and when they realised they had to go back, she didn't curse or moan - she laughed. She thought it was hilarious, the smile on her face as they started to run back....that redeemed her a bit for me. I think she'd be having a lot more fun if she wasn't with Brent. So I like her, but not her partner. Oh look, its Eric and Danielle again, as somebody else mentioned!

My ideal top 3 at this stage -Mike and Louie, Jet and Cord and one of either Dan and Jordan or Steve and Allie.....what are the chances?!?!?
cooper
bunched

Postby Loraxe on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 am

I am soooo glad Jordan is gone. Just when Jeff was starting to become likeable too. But she was really grating. I much preferred Brent and Caite until this episode. I hope they are better next week, but I suspect killer fatigue is their problem.

I cannot believe Dan and Jordan survived that tower. Many many points for that. They are really growing on me, even though I have no idea which is which, but that applies to all the same gender teams like it does every season, it must be me.

I love that the cops credited their success to their new attitude of enjoyment. But in all honesty, this particular Race is so not about any of the teams for me. I am loving every location and every task. And didn't we ask for less airport 'drama'? Looks like so far we are getting that. And real clues, hallelujah!
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby Rachel RSL on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:09 am

I think a lot of the cops' new success has to do with the fact that there were absolutely no bunching points in the past 2 legs. And that really kind of bugs me. Too much bunching on the Race can be annoying but that's basically 2 legs in a row where you're basically going to finish in the same position you started in, barring a major screw up from another team. In their last leg, the only other team Jeff and Jordan even saw were Joe and Heidi, and that's only because the U-Turn and a killer Detour messed them up. And in this leg, they didn't even see a single team until the very end of the leg when Brent and Caite were off in the distance looking for grapes. I just think that's poor planning. You need to even out the playing field sometimes, give people a fighting chance to catch up.
Rachel RSL

Next

Return to Past Seasons