16.3 - Run Like Scalded Dogs!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.3 - Run Like Scalded Dogs!

Postby miri on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 16.3 - Run Like Scalded Dogs!

Postby lucinator on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 am

Oh my gravy, I'm loving the cowboys! They know the meaning of RAAAACE and they're having fun. Loved their acceptance speeches when they got the trophy.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 am

Boy, the LASbies really have something against the Cowboys, don't they? I guess being the quintessential Alpha males, the Cowboys are the team to beat.

But I love Carol's "pretend it's my face!" LOL. Looks like there's hope for the LASbies yet...hehehe
sympatico73
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Bart Ender on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:20 am

I'm cheering for the cowboys as well. They're great racers, but they also come across as real people, the kind of people you want to cheer for as well.

I must confess that when I saw the scene with the gauchos I was worried that another meatblock was imminent!
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby PhilG on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 am

I loved the "They're complaining that we're cowboys--you didn't hear us whining that they know Spanish and we don't" or words to that effect.

Every other team was complaining about how hard/long it was; they're upset that they didn't get it on the first toss. Great stuff.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 am

Do they know who the racers are before they set the tasks? The cowboys sure have been lucky these past 2 episodes IMHO.

But they are my fav team right now - I do love their positive attitude!
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 am

lucinator wrote:Oh my gravy, I'm loving the cowboys! They know the meaning of RAAAACE and they're having fun. Loved their acceptance speeches when they got the trophy.

Me too! I like how they were giving their acceptance speeches and then stopped abruptly when they remembered they were in the middle of a race. Also loved them telling us what a great poker player the gnome was!

So ready for whiny little Caieieiete and her boyfriend to be Philiminated!

I know it's part of the show but sometimes I really wish they didn't show interviews from the teams during the episode. I knew from very early on that the Moms were going because they looked so sad in their interviews. You can always tell by the eyes. Especially if it looks like one of them has been crying.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:41 am

AndreaInNC wrote:Do they know who the racers are before they set the tasks? The cowboys sure have been lucky these past 2 episodes IMHO.

But they are my fav team right now - I do love their positive attitude!

Them cowboys are really a breath of fresh air in terms of character and attitude! I think I was a bit worried for them the moment I saw them as racers but they're fast proving me wrong. I suppose that's how racers view each other before the race, but they may not know anything more. In the previous season, no one knew who the Poker- Gals were or what they actually do in life. I'm trying not to get attached to the Cowboys too much because it's still early but good for them to be funny and fast.

Was hoping the moms-attorney last longer, and was happy they caught up with the rest, but who'd have thought the horse-thing could be so tough. The Cowboys practically cruised through it and its not even really a horseride.

I must say the country is really beautiful. It's so distressing that the quake happened near there.
sympatico73

Postby macaddict on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 am

Was it Steve who was having so much trouble staying on his "pony"? I loved how the producer came running into frame in full freak out mode the first time he toppled over, but then after they realized he was going to keep doing it, they let him take his chances on his own.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby Tea-time on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 am

macaddict wrote:Was it Steve who was having so much trouble staying on his "pony"?

Was that who that was? I had thought it was one of the brothers (I still can't tell them apart), but realized later that they hadn't arrived yet.

I'm enjoying the cowboys, too. They were so disappointed to realize that they weren't going to be riding real horses!
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

Tea-time wrote:They were so disappointed to realize that they weren't going to be riding real horses!

I'd have been ticked too! Plus it would have been way funnier with the real horses!
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby rredd on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 pm

So many great quotes last night (I think Steve's comment that he's 57 ... everything hurts and JJ's we shouldn't reproduce are neck and neck for the best.) But one that had me rolling was the comment by the McCoy boys that they weren't in Oklahoma anymore. Made me wonder if that was a shout out to the movie where Butch says: “I don't know where we are, but it sure as hell isn't Oklahoma.”
rredd
the world is waiting

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 pm

The one from Jordan of Jeff about how she tried to read Phil and that he scared her was awfully funny as well! I like it when Phil get dragged into some racers' suspenseful-euphoria at the end.

The pecking order seems fast this time around and I guess some personalities/team will start to grow on me the lesser the number of racers. Even Carol-Brandy, if they last that long (I get this feeling that the 'tantrum' may not be over yet). But I think they do have a strong drive, if not strong in other aspect. Then again, perhaps the one to watch out for is the silent type like the husband-wife team (Joe & Heidi if I'm not mistaken).

I wonder whether AR is doing its best to be unpredictable.
sympatico73

Postby miri on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:55 pm

I also loved the cowboys for knowing where Patagonia was when Phil told them what their prize was for coming in first...
miri

Postby cooper on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Yeah that was a great ep, really enjoyed that one. Jet and Cord are great but I'm trying not to like too much because every time I get to like a team....I won't say it!

Joe and Heidi and Steve and Allie remain very much in the background....but both teams doing reasonably well. Loved the brothers last night too.

Louie and Michael, every week I watch them and say to myself "Cops? Really?" I couldn't believe they couldn't even figure out the directions thing.........wow.

Big shock at the preview for next week - an Intersection?!?!?!? nooooooooooooooooooooo. The one and only time they used an intersection before, (I think), it totally sucked. I thought that was dead and buried. Why, Bertram, why??!?!?!?
cooper
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons