15.4 - I'm Like Ricky Bobby

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

15.4 - I'm Like Ricky Bobby

Postby miri on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Discuss if you weren't delayed. Those who were will catch up.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 15.4 - I'm Like Ricky Bobby

Postby jer2002 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:42 pm

That was so boring. I think I'm burning out on this show for real now.
jer2002
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 pm

"The Persian Gulf isn't even a country!"...you know I don't care one way or the other that they're gay - I don't like the brothers because they're annoying dopes.

I like that several clues this season have been CLUES...maybe not brainbusters but at least some challenge to them.

They drove themselves this episode! Yay!

I thought the locations were good but both Detour choices were a little lame, and the needle-in-a-haystack water hunt could have been better (though sending them into the cold after the heat was neat).
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 am

I don't think I have ever prayed so hard for a non non elminiation leg.

Heh, I think we now know the camel word for jerk. And, if you didn't think they could be any stupider than they were, I'm pretty sure that Team Boston were not wearing seatbelts. At least, she definately wasn't. I was kind of hoping that he would kick the snowman over and the woman would make him redo the detour.

I kind of want to go to Ski Dubai.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby PhilG on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 am

If L&K were not the last couple to complete the Roadblock, I wonder if they would have gotten a time penalty for knocking over the water pitcher when there was still water in it...that could be seen as sabotaging the teams that came after, even if it was accidental.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 am

M. Darcy wrote:I don't think I have ever prayed so hard for a non non elminiation leg.

Me too. Phil gave them a glimmer of hope the way he announced they were the last team to arrive. I was screaming at my tv .. NO NO NO ..

M. Darcy wrote:I don't think I have ever prayed so hard for a non non elminiation leg.

omg .. so do I !
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:25 am

I was kind of hoping that he would kick the snowman over and the woman would make him redo the detour.

Seriously -- what WAS that?? "Can I kick it?? Can I kick it???" No, you stupid douche, you cannot. Simply because you want to so, so badly. TOOL.

I loved the woman's response, though: "Do you want your clue or not?" Snerk.

I actually liked this episode, not only because of the ending, but also because they went somewhere really really different that I've never seen all that much of and did some stuff I'd really enjoy doing (sledding!! WOO!!!). Plus: the ending.
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 am

I actually liked this episode, not only because of the ending, but also because they went somewhere really really different that I've never seen all that much of and did some stuff I'd really enjoy doing (sledding!! WOO!!!). Plus: the ending.
The exact reasons I liked the episode. Plus, camels!!!

But Mika needs to calm down. Freak out after you know what the task is. And, next week? I am also freaked out by heights but its a water slide. Chill out.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 am

Agreed on the chill out (and also the Camel Fun Factor, of course), but I have to say, I found the preview pretty disturbing, with Canaan (or whatever his name is) actually trying to man-handle/forcibly push Mika (or whatever her name is) onto/down the waterslide. Hands off, pushy Bart Simpson!!!
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby macaddict on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah, if the preview is correct, he crosses a big fat line there.

Back to this week: I was hoping they'd do something more spectacular at the Burj Dubai. They may as well just walked up to the receptionist's desk and gotten the clue. I was hoping for a little climbing or rappelling.

If only they gave an emmy for color commentary from camels....
macaddict
road blocked

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:59 am

It was like watching Mystery Science Theatre.

Heh, it also made me laugh that Mika wouldn't chose the detour that involved sledding because she had never done it. You only have to sit down on a piece of plastic. Not rocket science.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 am

Everytime Lance and Keri appears on screen, I find myself shaking my head at what comes out of his mouth. And Keri's just making it worse everytime hehe.

Canaan spouting fountain was hilarious. The guy's starting to show his inner Jonathan and it's kinda shocking to see him trying to shove her down the waterslide in the next episode preview.

Brian was really nice in this leg, and he and Ericka really pulled through here, but I wonder how long he can be 'nice' in the race. So far so good.

And again, the Poker Gals kept up their luck. Maria has not proven anything to me yet, unlike Tiffany who seems stronger and tougher than she looks.

One thing that I could do without in this episode is the FF. Is it me or is it becoming annoying? I mean what happened to the "dare you challenges" like eating gross and goimg bald?
sympatico73
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:50 am

Btw, Tiffany's "Use your man hands" is as disturbing as Lance's wanting to kick the snowman.
sympatico73
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 am

I loved the "man hands" comment.

and I was glad to see the FF return! But was disappointed at the politeness of it all. I was hoping for a race to the FF!
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby Bart Ender on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:58 am

The exact reasons I liked the episode. Plus, camels!!!

I completely agree. I also much preferred the "is it non-elim?" suspense to the "is the team in second to last going to get completely lost and not get to the amazing bathmat before the last place team" suspense, which is old, and almost never results in a change in team order.

Hands off, pushy Bart Simpson!!!

I thought that was Cheyne when I first read that. He had helmet hair before putting on his helmet. Must have ample supplies of hair gel in Dubai.

Mika and Canaan have gone on my HATE list. Especially after the preview - he's being a jerk, but I don't care how sexually pure you are, if you are a grown ass woman and you're wearing water wings and you're scared to go down a water slide, you don't deserve to be on The Amazing Race.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons