15.2 - It's Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

15.2 - It's Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars

Postby Kanuck on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Vietnam.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...

Re: 15.2 - It's Like Being Dropped on Planet Mars

Postby lucinator on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 pm

I would have preferred Lance and Keri to go but Marcy and Ron seem like they'll enjoy Sequesterville as much or more than they'd enjoy staying in the race. I can't believe Maria only rolled around her backpack and collected balloons while Tiffany had to push the statue during the whole detour!
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 am

I think they should have made Lance redo that Roadblock - you were supposed to disassemble the VCRs - not just rip them apart.

Yeah, Maria was useless. Poor Tiffany.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby grubsneerg on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:49 am

lucinator wrote:I can't believe Maria only rolled around her backpack and collected balloons while Tiffany had to push the statue during the whole detour!

Not only that, but did you see Maria get out of the cab and shut the door in Tiffany's face? Maria seems a bit too self-absorbed to be an effective part of a team.

Marcy and Ron did seem like they were kind of ready to be done. I'm not liking Lance at all, but in lieu of another "villain" to root against (as there's nobody I'm really rooting for yet other than the Globetrotters for some reason!) it's not so bad that he and Keri are still there.
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Kanuck on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:06 am

lucinator wrote:I can't believe Maria only rolled around her backpack and collected balloons while Tiffany had to push the statue during the whole detour!

No kidding! All of the other teams managed to share the work, but Maria was busy rolling her stupid suitcase and thus was, yet again, completely useless.

Lance is an ass and completely incapable of reading clues, and should be penalized.

Overall, an interesting mix of tasks, and I thought the moving pitstop was an interesting twist.
Kanuck

Postby PepeNY on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:30 am

I thought the moving pitstop was an interesting twist.

I did too. I liked that nobody knew where they were or which way to go for taxis, etc.
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby evening on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:34 am

I liked the moving pit stop - they seem to be attempting to change things up - slightly - this season. Interesting that the street lawyer had no clue where he was, and couldnt figure out that the clue given from a water puppet might be in a watertight container? Did they just think any random building in Vietnam was the theater? They're grating already....

there are still too many dating couples here for me to keep any of them straight. I like pink haired son and the Globetrotters, but dont find myself rooting for any of these teams yet.
evening
road blocked

Postby OneAnne on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:56 pm

This episode seemed very frantic to me, and in reading the comments others have posted it has occurred to me that I felt that way because there are so many dating-couples and I can't tell them apart yet. I enjoyed seeing more of Vietnam this time and also liked the moving of the pitstop and the more cryptic stamp clue.
OneAnne
bunched

Postby evening on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Im dying to go to Vietnam and this only made it worse! 2010?

Im with you OneAnne - frantic is right. And one of the few teams I could keep apart (internet dating couple woman with whistle) is now gone. I dont know any of their names! But Im having this problem on Survivor this season too. Couldnt even tell you the hot doctor's name - its all about Russell
evening
road blocked

Postby Babalu on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm

I almost enjoyed Lance and Keri last night - they were so clueless, despite Lance's bluster, and the editors were having a blast with them. But the obnoxiousness - and Keri's voice! - overshadowed the humor.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dan and Sam go soon, either. I think Sam is probably great, but Dan is waaaaay too hyper and annoying.

Meghan and Cheyne, on the other hand, are delightful, much to my surprise. They and Pinky/Brain and the Globetrotters are hands down my 3 favorites.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Postby cooper on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 am

Fun episode, enjoyed it.

Yeah Lance and Kerri are annoying but its fun watching them bumbling around at every stop. "Wheres the clue? I cant find the clue!" "Wheres the balloon lady? I cant find the balloon lady!" "Wheres the intersection? I cant find the intersection!" "Wheres Phil? I cant find Phil!"
I was a bit surprised too that Lance was allowed rip everything up like that - surely all the bits couldnt have been properly segregated into the proper piles with that approach? Or were there even piles?

Ron seemed disappointed but Marcy seemed relieved to be out of it. Like "Phew! That was fun for a couple of days but now I want to go and lie down beside the pool..."

Me too, surprised by Megan and Cheyne, thought they were going to be dicks but actually quite nice people and good racers too it seems. I was worried about the Globetrotters for a bit when it showed their interview clip at the start, in which they said they were determined to win and would definately win. Usually when we get clips like this it means the team saying it are going to be eliminated! So good on the editors for keeping us on our toes!

Still liking : Flight Time and Big Easy, Gary and Matt, Maria and Tiffany, Zev and Justin, Sam and Dan, Mika and Canaan.

Starting to grow on me: Brian and Erika, Megan and Cheyne.

Hope to see out next week: Lance and Kerri.

Cant believe someone is going to lose their passports again.... My money would be on Lance and Kerri cos they are a bit frantic about doing things...but could be anyone....uh oh!
cooper
bunched

Postby njlady30 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:32 am

Wow I really can't stand Lance and he must be the stupidest lawyer on the planet!! When he could not find the clue my whole family was laughing at them. And can't stand the poker girls with the stupid rolling suitcase. I say go globetrotters!
njlady30
at the start line

Postby evening on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm

"Still liking : Flight Time and Big Easy, Gary and Matt, Maria and Tiffany, Zev and Justin, Sam and Dan, Mika and Canaan.

Starting to grow on me: Brian and Erika, Megan and Cheyne"

of the above, I'm only sure who 3 of the teams are! Flight Time/Big Easy; Maria/Tiffany and Zev/Justin! the rest are just dating couple virgins as far as I'm concerned.... (although I guess either Gary&Matt or Sam&Dan have to be the father son team)
evening
road blocked

Postby PhilG on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's a bit disconcerted by the frenetic pace...it actually was making me uncomfortable to watch at times this week.

Teams I like (heavily medicated these days so not great with names): Globetrotters, Father & Son, Miss America couple.

Teams I can't stand: Lance and Keri--hey Keri, how about some nice cheese to go with that whine?--poker girls, and the gay brothers are annoying the hell out of me.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby AndreaInNC on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:45 pm

my heart is with the Globetrotters - especially with the back story of the dad :(
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons