14.3 - I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

14.3 - I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard!

Postby Kanuck on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Discuss.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Re: 14.3 - I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard!

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:55 pm

What would you like to talk about? LOL.

Seriously, good episode. Sad about Brad & Victoria. The hangup at Amsterdam killed them. Otherwise, they were quite a strong team.

Kudos to Mel & Mike for finishing first. Mel is plugging along despite that groin injury. He's doing all he can.

Victor has got to tone down the Type A otherwise he's going to find Tammy is going to push him off a bridge.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby newman44 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:11 pm

A preview of the episode we are about to watch? That was weird.
Victor got lucky and needs to go.
And "I'm sorry to tell you, you are team number...8" - Really? No thanks.
newman44
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby PhilG on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 pm

I didn't like Tammy and Victor in week 1; now I REALLY can't stand them. Very sorry they got to stay and Brad and Victoria went home.

The coffin challenge was interesting with the blood in the frames...
PhilG
road blocked

Postby rockhpi on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:29 pm

I really liked the way Mike said BOOcharest. Glad to see them in first. I hate to see anyone go out simply through bad airport luck. Cara really flipped her bitch switch quick in that cab. "Why can't you understand him? You speak the same language." Maybe because you're running your yap nonstop in the backseat and he can't hear.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 am

Ok, I get it - Luke is deaf. Now shut up about it.

Aw, I really liked Brad and Victoria. Heh, and poor Tammy. I can't do a cartwheel either. I wished they had spent more time in Salzburg. At least have done one SOM activity.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Bart Ender on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 am

I hate the episodes where there's a missed connection and you know that one team is toast. It's not the show's fault, it just is. And I guess I don't see risking a missed connection in Amsterdam when there wasn't much benefit vs. the later direct flight.

I hate episodes with megabunching after the roadblock - redering the roadblock moot - even though it made it sorta plausible that Brad and Victoria could catch up.

I hate episodes when there are folks who need to leave my screen now - Tammy and Victor - who have a bad leg and should go but are saved by another team's bad decision.

I hate that "Luke is deaf and communicates only to the one team that tries to communicate with him - and his mom" is the new "He has a soul now."

I liked that they went to Romania, liked the gymnastics and the vampire tasks, didn't care for the gypsy task (thought it was a little too stereotypical towards the Roma people, what with the car body and everything), and liked Vlad the Impaler's castle.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 am

I don't have a problem with Tammy and Victor at all. They had a huge lead that got completely messed up by airplane issues beyond their control but there was no bitchiness or sniping at each other. Their only issue is that Victor can't seem to let go off the control position and listen to Tammy. But even though they went up that entire damned mountain for nothing, there was no yelling or screaming or hating on each other.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby macaddict on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 am

At one point I thought I was watching the Blair Race Project. If I had been on Tammy and Victor's camera crew it would have been seriously difficult for me not to just abandon their whiny asses in the woods.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby rockhpi on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:55 am

Ok, I get it - Luke is deaf. Now shut up about it.

Well I thought they toned it down a LITTLE this week but in Phil's "previously on..." he said something about Luke coming in first "against everyone's expectations". Who expected he couldn't come in first? The Racers never said so. The audience has been beaten over the head with "Deaf people can do anything you can do" so we didn't think that. It's a little offensive, like if LaKisha and Jennifer came in first and he said "they managed to come in first which is amazing because you know how those people are with directions."

We went through this with Charla...you can't have it both ways. Either it's a tough, inspiring struggle to overcome a handicap OR the handicap is no big deal and doesn't factor in. Pick one and stick to it.

And it's nothing against Margie or Luke...it's just the presentation the show is making.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Tea-time on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 am

newman44 wrote:A preview of the episode we are about to watch? That was weird.

I noticed that, too. And the rest of the intro was a partial recap of the first two legs, not just the prior week, for no apparent reason except to emphasize (once again) that Luke is deaf. It doesn't seem to be affecting his ability to get from point A to point B, so let's move on.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby BrianBoyko on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: The Roma task -

You had the craziest damn bicycle inventions back in the background. Why was THAT not the Detour?
BrianBoyko
yielded

Postby devajd on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Did anyone else think that if Tammy and Victor kept gonig up that mountian they were going to hit the Pit Stop?! I don't know what the heck he thought he was looking for up there! I felt so bad for Tammy. And I suck at cartwheels, too.
devajd
bunched

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 pm

What would happen if someone couldn't do the cartwheel? I know that I have never done a cartwheel or a somersault (sp?) in my life so I'd be screwed with that Road Block. I wonder if they would eventually just let me through based on effort.
Rachel RSL

Postby macaddict on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:42 pm

I thought that's what they did with Margie (or someone), because we never saw her complete an actual cartwheel.
macaddict
road blocked

Next

Return to Past Seasons