14.2 - Your Target Is Your Partner's Face

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

14.2 - Your Target Is Your Partner's Face

Postby miri on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:53 pm

"I could stay up here all day...if I had a sandwich."
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 14.2 - Your Target Is Your Partner's Face

Postby BrianBoyko on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Note to self: If ever on the Amazing Race - ALWAYS reserve tickets from the cab, if possible.

Other than that, Linda & Steve went. I suspected it would be them, when CBS.com put up "Adventures of Linda and Steve" on the CBS site, but didn't want to open my mouth, lest I be -proven- a fool.

Some brilliant editing - "I can't ask the Lord to intervene. He's too busy... but... if he happens to help...," and of course Linda/Pie split-screen.

Linda's main mistake was getting lost - that lost them time, and I would imagine might have also earned them a penalty taking a car around the mountain rather than climbing back up the mountain and getting back on the path, but as she and Steve came in last anyway, it didn't matter much.

I really hope Linda makes an appearance on TARflies - she seemed like a great gal who really did give it her all.
BrianBoyko
yielded

Postby PepeNY on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm

"I could stay up here all day...if I had a sandwich."

That was the best line. I was cracking up when Mel said it!
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby Kanuck on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:41 am

The pies and Segways made for a great comedic end to the show.
Agree that Mel had some great lines.

A number of teams really bled time, especially some of the teams from the first flight who ended up 3 cable car rides behind others. I think it was the blonds and the sisters, both of whom seem to get lost frequently and are, I suspect, not going to stick around for long.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby Jeepin'G on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:50 am

I'm really liking the lack of airport time. Hopefully they can keep this up.
Jeepin'G
at the start line

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:18 am

Am I the only evil person who was laughing hysterically when Linda and Steve were Philiminated? His reaction was priceless! I understand that it must be disappointing but he was so over-the-top wailing! Then he buried his head in Linda's shoulder and when he came up, there was cake all over his face! Lord, I'm laughing just thinking about it!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 am

I have never prayed so hard for wind in my life.

Damn it, stupid CBS went off the air the last 20 minutes of the show. Thankfully, the Travel Channel seems to be showing this season so I can watch it when they show it later this week.

I found the beginning very annoying when it turned into the Margie and Luke is deaf show.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby njlady30 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:42 am

BrianBoyko wrote:Note to self: If ever on the Amazing Race - ALWAYS reserve tickets from the cab, if possible.

Linda's main mistake was getting lost - that lost them time, and I would imagine might have also earned them a penalty taking a car around the mountain rather than climbing back up the mountain and getting back on the path, but as she and Steve came in last anyway, it didn't matter much.

I was thinking the same thing - there had to be some sort of penalty for getting in that car. I thought I was going to die laughing when Steve was crying hysterically at the end. Did he really think they had a chance of winning with Linda being so slow?
njlady30
at the start line

Postby Thora on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:21 am

Rachel RSL wrote:Am I the only evil person who was laughing hysterically when Linda and Steve were Philiminated? His reaction was priceless! I understand that it must be disappointing but he was so over-the-top wailing! Then he buried his head in Linda's shoulder and when he came up, there was cake all over his face! Lord, I'm laughing just thinking about it!

You weren't the only one! I felt kinda bad, but I was definitely cracking up.

Loved all of Mel's little quips - I wonder if he's read TWoP recaps or something, because he kept saying that god had more important things on his mind than slowing down the wind for him. Hee.

I wonder if there will be some major bunching going on in the next leg, seeing as some of the teams were checking in with Phil 14 hours after the leg had started. Ouch.
Thora
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby rockhpi on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:28 am

I really like the changes (except the detour, Roadblock, and Route Info logos), and I feel the tasks have been better.

Mike is very entertaining but Mel was annoying me a little with his "Don't chicken out" talk.

I just saw Steve's crying as sort of an outlet of a LOT of frustration. I didn't feel they needed a penalty because she did walk down the mountain and she really penalized herself by taking the lonnnng way. But I don't think they needed to stay - they just weren't likely to do any better. Though I would have liked to have seen them beat the stewardesses.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby macaddict on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:49 am

I got a little chill when God got out of the tub, put down the chardonnay, and made the wind stop.

Things I learned this episode:
Europeans are nicer than Americans. Well, this American. If a crying, foreign woman came staggering out of the woods, followed by a camera crew, my first reaction would not be, "sure, lady, hop in!" My first reaction would be to hit the gas and dial 911 because we are being invaded!
The producers of this show love it as much as I do. Witness the sign: Achtung Baby
macaddict
road blocked

Postby rockhpi on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:57 am

I got a little chill when God got out of the tub, put down the chardonnay, and made the wind stop.

The little twinkling sounds they put in were awesome!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 pm

As was the editing, as always. Paraphrasing:

Mel: I can't pray for God to help me with wind.

Mike: It's a miracle from God!

I love how when the instructor finally said they could jump, Mel looked like he ran off that mountain as fast as he could before the wind changed again and the guy changed his mind.
Rachel RSL

Postby Jeepin'G on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Thora wrote:I wonder if there will be some major bunching going on in the next leg, seeing as some of the teams were checking in with Phil 14 hours after the leg had started. Ouch.

I was kinda confused by this time stamp, what difference does it make how long it's been since the leg started? I mean, plenty of legs in the past have been longer than 14 hours, so that in itself isn't that remarkable.

If they had really meant 14 hours since the first team checked in, that would be more surprising (since they all made it to Munich within 1.5 hours of one another,) but that couldn't have been true either, as it would have been daylight outside again (the first team checked in the afternoon (I'm guessing,) so 14 hours after that would have been the next morning.
Jeepin'G
at the start line

Postby evening on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm with you M Darcy - I cringed during that ode to the deaf son and mom at the beginning of the show.... Unless they were both deaf and had to find the yodelers I'm not impressed!
(I still havent mastered posting your line in my comment!)

Love Tammy and Victor.

Looks like Mike is particularly skillful/nyphette-ish in the gymnastic challenge next week!
evening
road blocked

Next

Return to Past Seasons