13.10 - You're Gonna Get Me Killed

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

13.10 - You're Gonna Get Me Killed

Postby miri on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Those who have finished the show, start yapping. The rest of us will join you after the football delay.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 13.10 - You're Gonna Get Me Killed

Postby Kanuck on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:15 pm

Grrr. So frustrating. Dan/Andrew really don't deserve to be in the finale.

Other than that, loved the tasks requiring actual problem-solving skills, navigation/communication/clue-reading, etc
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby PhilG on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Well, that sucked big time...did anyone find it odd there was no time stamp for the racers at the start of this leg?
PhilG
road blocked

Postby mynameishunter on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Wow... that was actually kind of sad. I had read some spoilers on another forum, and I knew that it wasn't looking good for Toni & Dallas based on all of the clues... but that was kind of sad with all the crying. It really looked like Dallas felt as though he really dissapointed his mother. I wonder how far behind they actually were from Ken & Tina. Ahhh. This sucks. I wasn't neccecarily rooting for them throughout the race but I did like them a like and I wanted them to go to the finals and not Andrew and Dan ahah. Ahhh well. I like Nick & Star so I will root for them. I was kind of rooting for them throughout the race anyway. They tore this leg up.
mynameishunter
the world is waiting

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:51 pm

I was surprised at the lack of time stamps as well and was thinking when Dandrew wasnt at the sub with the rest of the team they would be totally out of it, what a shock at their comeback! I wonder if the dance judge took mercy on them because cant march or dance!! Toni was great with Dallas and didnt get down on him at all for losing their passorts and money costing them the shot at the final three. Ill be rooting for Starr and Nic to win it all.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby JenEx on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:05 pm

Seriously? Dandrew? SERIOUSLY?

Other than that, though, it was kind of an awesome, old-school TAR epi. Actual clues, requiring thought and effort. What a concept.

I was rooting for Toni & Dallas, but I must say, he is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Pretty, but yeah. It was quite awesome that Toni never ever got onto him, yelled at him, or pulled any kind of a guilt trip. Best mom on this show, ever. And I want to know they ended up doing about the missing passports.

Unless Starr and Nick completely and utterly fuck up next week, or have the worst taxi karma ever, though, they have to win. Right? Right?
JenEx
TARfly

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Unless Starr and Nick completely and utterly fuck up next week, or have the worst taxi karma ever, though, they have to win. Right?

As much as I love the Race, after 13 seasons it does seem like it comes down to luck. I think Nick & Starr are most deserving of a win, though. They're a team I'd like to see up against historically great Racers and see how they'd do. When they're on, they're a machine!

I did laugh at the dancing speed bump, and once again they got a great greeter! I hope someone finds an interview somewhere because I do want to know what happened with the passports and why Phil met them (it was weird-he seemed to pop out of a coffee shop or something...they seemed to be in the area, why weren't they allowed to get to the mat? Did Phil have a plane to catch or something? Inquiring minds want to know.)
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Thora on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:23 am

Loved the tasks this time - very awesome! The metro system (at least in St. Petersburg) is crazy, but very cool. I would have loved to do those tasks!

I'm still in disbelief that Dandrew are still in it. And in 2nd place! Their speed bump pissed me off, as they should not have been given the clue so fast - they were totally not dancing at all.

I knew it was over for Toni & Dallas once they lost their stuff, but had to hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, they'd find a way to beat someone to the mat. I really really liked them, and am so sad to see them go. They were definitely my favourite team this season.

rockhpi wrote:I hope someone finds an interview somewhere because I do want to know what happened with the passports and why Phil met them (it was weird-he seemed to pop out of a coffee shop or something...they seemed to be in the area, why weren't they allowed to get to the mat? Did Phil have a plane to catch or something? Inquiring minds want to know.)

Three teams had already checked in, and it was an elimination round. There was probably no point in letting them keep going with the task, as they were out. He's done that in previous seasons, when everyone has checked in, and a team is still attempting to complete a task.

My next favourite team is Nick & Starr, so hopefully they'll manage to win next week.
Thora
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Babalu on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 am

I was so tense the whole episode. First, because I was waiting to see who would lose their money/passports - every time somebody mentioned them, I'd get nervous - and then in anticipation of the Toni/Dallas elimination. Why oh why didn't Toni do that task?

Go Nick and Starr! You better win because (a) you're the best team by far in terms of ability; (b) I like you the best; and (c) you're gonna need a million dollars to pay the taxes on all those prizes you've won.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Postby PhilG on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:23 am

JenEx wrote: I want to know they ended up doing about the missing passports.

The US Embassy can issue replacement passports; I'm sure CBS greased the skids considerably for them to get them relatively quickly.

But had they not been eliminated I don't know that even CBS would have been able to get them THAT quickly.

I'll tell you what absolutely SUCKED: Dandrew were already in the finals and they saw that Ken/Tina had to go back. After the way K&T helped them with the numbers on the wire challenge a few weeks back the least Dandrew could have done is told them where the clue box was--it wouldn't have cost them a thing.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby Loraxe on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 am

Blerg. What a let down. I think there have been seasons where I didn't care about any of the Final 3, but this is the first time when I have actively hated all of them. Is there anyway they could all lose, without wishing them actual, you know, physical harm?

On the other hand, Moscow was wonderful. I can't believe they fit in the statues, the metro, the Master and the Margarita AND a Babushka. And everyone was so nice to Toni and Dallas, I half expected their cabbie to magically find them.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby kelda_shelton on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:58 am

Toni and Dallas *Cries* I so wanted them in the final three with Dandrew and Ken & Tina. I was holding out for another Nick forgets bag thing. I kep rewinding it to see i they had the bags every time.

I have to say kudos to Dan & Andrew. They wre doing a fairly good job at the dancing and even though they'r cab driver took them to the wrong park they made up a helluva lot of time. And their reaction at the pit stop was so funny!!!!

Re: not telling Ken & Tina. I think given this was a race for the final spot to the last three I would have been dissapointed if they had told Ken & Tina and then Dallas and Toni had rocked up 2 mins later.
kelda_shelton
bunched

Postby PhilG on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 am

kelda_shelton wrote: Re: not telling Ken & Tina. I think given this was a race for the final spot to the last three I would have been dissapointed if they had told Ken & Tina and then Dallas and Toni had rocked up 2 mins later.

From a rooting point of view, I agree...but from from a "we owe you" POV, it was crappy for Dandrew to leave them out to dry.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby rockhpi on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:41 am

they should not have been given the clue so fast - they were totally not dancing at all.

I think that's a big problem with "judged" tasks as opposed to one with a definable goal. The judges always seem to go too easy on them. I remember when Fran & Barry had to do the German Dance (Cartman!) and it didn't look to me like they were even close. At least this judge did say Nyet to Dandrew at least once.

He's done that in previous seasons, when everyone has checked in,

Yeah but it's always dark! Peter & Sara, Lena & Kristy, Lance & Marshall, you could tell they were HOURS behind. Toni & Dallas seemed to be almost there. Thinking abiout it, Peter & Sara were allowed to make it to the mat, and Uchenna & Joyce in All-Stars. Or maybe it doesn't get dark until REALLY late in Moscow!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby AirSteve on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:03 am

And I want to know they ended up doing about the missing passports.

Production usually had a shadow following each team to let the finish line know arrival time estimates for Phil and for any anomaly that would pop up. There would also be a sweeper, someone who'd follow the last place team and close shop behind them. Dave and I would occasionally do a u-turn to out them just for grins. I'm sure that cab was flagged down within moments after they were aware of the loss of the passports. Additionally,the camera teams had a satellite phone with them for emergency communications.

Immediately after a leg, production would herd you into an area for interviews. Racers would be tired, hungry and very emotional. The interviewers would take advantage and with the right questions could make anyone cry.
AirSteve
amazing racer & retired slacker
amazing racer & retired slacker

Next

Return to Past Seasons