13.8 - I'm Like an Angry Cow

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

13.8 - I'm Like an Angry Cow

Postby miri on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Those who have seen the ep can start, the rest of us suffering from football lag will join in once we catch up.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 13.8 - I'm Like an Angry Cow

Postby mynameishunter on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:35 pm

Man I wish Terrance and Sarah would have stayed in the race. I didn't love them or anything, but I also didn't hate them. I kind of liked them... anyway.... Dan and Andrew continue to whine ha ha but yet they keep getting a lucky break and get to stay in the race. I think it's cool that Nick & Star got first again and Tony & Dallas are awesome. I hope the scenes from next week (Nick & Star issues) don't reflect the outcome, but they usually don't right? Ok.... cool. Good episode. The cow thing was really funny.
mynameishunter
the world is waiting

Postby grbecca on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:18 pm

I have to say, my favorite part of TAR tonight was the preview for the next episode....I rewinded it several times to watch Dan and Andrew marching the wrong way, the observing soldiers laughing at them, and the Russian/Kazakh soldier/judge saying "Nyet". I'm looking forward to next week!
grbecca
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby PhilG on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Much fun in this hour with the chickens and cows...I was positive this was gonna be a non-elim leg.

So we have 4 teams left, three get to finish and there are TWO non elim legs left? That's just ridiculous--doesn't that mean the next two legs HAVE to be non elim?
PhilG
road blocked

Postby Abiz on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:40 pm

All of Dallas' antics as he was in that cow suit had me just howling! SO FUNNY! More cows please!

Did they know the FF was an eating challenge? Because if so, then that was a dumb thing for a vegetarian to try for. So often the "local delicacies" involve disgusting animal parts. (I'm grading papers and wasn't totally paying attention at that point).

Definitely didn't have the ending I was hoping for. My students so rarely read directions that I always feel vindicated when I see a team punished for their failure to read. How many teams over the years have been penalized for taking a taxi? When will they ever learn?
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby lucinator on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 am

Abiz wrote:All of Dallas' antics as he was in that cow suit had me just howling! SO FUNNY! More cows please!

I agree, Abiz! He was hilarious!

Regarding the taxi, I wonder why they had Dan and Andrew go back instead of giving them a penalty? This is definitely the season of misread clues.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby Soulcoughin on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:26 am

I really liked this episode. There were good challenges etc, the usual idots continued to be idiots. The frat bros are true idiots...fun to watch them flail, but how do they keep slipping by? I was certain this was going to be a non-elimination round as well. Nice surprise there. I too was sad that Terrance & Sarah were eliminated. Not that they were really good racers, I just enjoyed that Terrance was a big pu**y, always complaining. It was fun to watch, and that makes for good TV!

Nick and Star continue to win, they are too boring for my taste. The same with the Team Oedipus. Sadly I think the final episodes could lack excitement. None the less I still love the game--one of the few shows on TV I regularly look forward to.
Soulcoughin
the world is waiting

Postby PhilG on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 am

lucinator wrote:
Regarding the taxi, I wonder why they had Dan and Andrew go back instead of giving them a penalty?

Probably because it was the very last thing they had to do on the leg so it was easy for them to retrace their steps--a much fairer way of penalizing them IMO than assessing an arbitrary time penalty.

I also suspect it wasn't that close between them and T&S; they had to lose at least an hour if not more getting to, trying for, not making, and coming back from the FF.

At least they found a greeter who wasn't preoccupied with the lawn this leg ;)
PhilG
road blocked

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 am

These have to be the stupidiest group of racers that have ever been on. I don't remember this many stupid mistakes toward the end of a season.

Ha! Terrence and Sarah were eliminated and it was Terrence's fault. He was the one who insisted on going for the fast forward.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Tea-time on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 am

As annoying as Terrence&Sarah have been, I was hoping they would beat Dandrew to the mat, because, seriously, shouldn't racers know to pay attention to the whole clue by now? As to why there wasn't a time penalty, PhilG is right that it was the last task before check-in at the pit stop, and in prior races Phil has done the same thing - tell the racers that they didn't read their clue carefully enough and they hadn't completed the task correctly. When Mark&Bill took the taxi, it was in the middle of the leg and there was no way for them to go back and redo the walk that they missed, hence the time penalty.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby macaddict on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 am

I hope Dan and Andrew have to run the rest of the race shoeless. Also, I hope that the rest of the race ends for Dan and Andrew next leg.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby emjaytee on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 am

Oh yeah, shoeless would be great. If you're taking your backpack under the cow suit (hee) why wouldn't you just stuff your shoes into it?
emjaytee
TARfloozy

Postby Northwoods101 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19 am

I still dont who is who in Dan and Andrew but the one with the shorter dark hair is such a defeatist, pampered, arguementative brat I was hoping that they would get eliminated. To me he is the male version of Flo, but worse in that he isnt even eye candy. It was very sad that he couldnt be nice and have some patience with his team mate and walk with them rather that keep telling him to go at his pace. I really hated how he insisted on being the front of the cow and was tring to justify his being the front because the backside had to be bigger! WTF!!!!! The front end of just about every animal is larger then the rear side.The preview also showed at how he always thinks its his way and was agruing with the soldier on the proper way to march. I feel for is girl friend past and future! I am not a big fan of Terrance either but was hoping they would have come in fourth and put Dandrew out of their and our misery. Plus Terrance and Sarah would of had made the final legs a tighter competition. I wonder about Nick, I still dont have much impression of him. It was great to see Dallas finally showing some personality and he totally rocked the cow task! I cant remember any time where the racers have entertained so many local, sorry Jon & Al. I do miss Christy & Kelly, their snarking on the other racers reminds me of what we do here. They were on Bonnie Hunt last week and have started a charity Amazing Grace to help people in Cambotia.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby PatentlyTAR on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 am

I remember hearing that the fast forward said to go to a restaurant, which makes Terence and Sarah's decision almost mindbogglingly stupid. Why would the only team with a vegetarian do what is almost certainly going to be a food task? Did they think it the gross food was going to be a vegetable? While I preferred them to Dan and Andrew, they deserved their fate.

Actually, I wonder why Dan and Andrew didn't go for the food challenge. Two guys, especially frat guys, should be able to out eat a guy and girl.

I liked the tasks, but would have liked more involvement with the mongols than just getting a clue from a bird of prey.
PatentlyTAR
yielded

Postby dreamcatcher on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am

Has anyone been keeping track of the roadblocks? Any team in trouble for one of the partners? In particular, I'm wondering about Toni. My memory is not that good and I can't even remember all of the roadblocks.
Terrance - the fast forward said a local delicacy. When is a local delicacy ever fruits & vegetables.
Then he waited until Sarah had eaten almost the whole thing. He could have changed his mind MUCH sooner. He deserved the loss.
Also, Dandrew deserved to lose. So very slow.
I never remember a season where so many teams failed to read the clues. And yet, they are still in the top 4.
dreamcatcher
the world is waiting

Next

Return to Past Seasons