13.7 - My Nose Is on Fire

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

13.7 - My Nose Is on Fire

Postby miri on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Those who aren't time delayed can start now, the rest of us will join in later.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 13.7 - My Nose Is on Fire

Postby PButtercup on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 pm

I am not sorry to see Kelly and Christie gone - I found them extremely unpleasant. I enjoyed the dye throwing task - Tina looks better with green hair.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 pm

I think the paint just bonded to Tinas turning it green like a bad dye job, and it seemed to match her personality. Once again it was not reading the clues completely that was Kelly & Christie downfall, they even left the first pitstop without reading the first clue completely! It seemed to me that the producers asked the people to start throwing more paint on the racers after Starr & Bro got throught it soo quickily and unscaved. I thought the speedbumd was diabolical and thought it was going to be the end of Ken & Tina for sure, I have to give them credit for surviving for at least another leg. Dallas and Mom have surprised me and I now think they'll make the final three, they dont get overly emotional, however I womnder how many tasks has Mom done and will this cause them problems later on. The tasks just dont the excitement or fun factor they did in the early seasons, where is the diving ion shark tanks or driving the offroad cars, or the ATVs that ruin glitter shirts?!!
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby mynameishunter on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 pm

I kind of prefered Kelly and Christy to Dan & Andrew. At least they worked really well together. I was kind of glad to see Ken & Tina make it out and I was happy to see Nick & Star at #1. The previews for next week look interesting.
mynameishunter
the world is waiting

Postby vinzanity on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Wow, i don't even know where to begin. What an incredibly tough leg for the racers, which makes it that much more entertaining for the viewers. The roadblock was fun to watch, i even had a laugh when the locals "spray painted" (for the lack of better terms) Tina. I was surprised most teams stayed relatively composed with the exception of Kelly, but that was to be expected. They're probably punching themselves right now for being the only team to not realize that you have to actually find the right clue envelope...

The detour was intense. I was surprised most teams went for the "scavenger hunt" detour instead of the more physical task. Gotta give mad props to Nick, Dallas, and Ken for being able to find the microscopic numbers on the congested streets of India as quickly as they did. I don't think the teams were given exact instructions as to the size or the placement of these numbers, so that was well done to get their teams off on the right foot.

Anyone else find the person who checks the numbers mentally challenged? I sure hope he was acting it up just because of the camera... nevertheless, a pleasure and very funny to watch. His body language to the teams was absolutely priceless.

3 in a row for Nick and Starr! Wow at this rate, they probably have close to a million bucks with all these trips they won and accumulated thus far. This was not an easy leg by any stretch of the imagination, so for them to hold on to their lead really goes to show how good this team is. I'd be shocked if they didn't make it into the top 3 and race for the million bucks.

Last but not least, I'm gonna finish off with how incredibly lucky that Tina even bothered giving the frat boys the time of day on how to complete the detour. But i guess i can understand her logic and reasoning, because Kelly and Christy were arguably the stronger team and they'd like to see them gone instead, even though they have a habit of making costly mistakes time and time again. On this leg, not only did they mess up on reading the instructions to the roadblock carefully, they decided to let their cab driver go when clearly that plan backfired, and added the fact that it wasn't exactly smooth sailing for the divorcees at the detour, that pretty much sealed their fate on the show. Strangely I don't think Kelly nor Christie will be tying the knot anytime soon... haha.
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Great episode, great tasks, great greeter, great elimination. That guy was determined to get the lawn watered! I LOVED the guy who judged the "Bleary" detour...I didn't think he was mentally challenged at all, I thought he was being comically hardnosed. It was certainly all an act and I want to see more acting from the task judges! (Now that I think of it, I guess the Maori guys in NZ did a great job, too).

Glad to see Kelly & Christy go...Dan & Andrew may be just as worthless at tasks but at least they're not as unpleasant.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby JenEx on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:17 pm

I just really liked the greeter. "Dude, I don't have time to stand around with you and wait for these morons. I got a job to do."

Seriously, people. READ. THE. CLUE.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby miri on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:20 pm

rockhpi wrote: I LOVED the guy who judged the "Bleary" detour...I didn't think he was mentally challenged at all, I thought he was being comically hardnosed.

Me too - he was my favorite thing about the ep.
miri

Postby vinzanity on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Oh man, yeah that greeter was something else too. I can picture him holding a sign "DO NOT DISTURB. BUSY @ WORK!".
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Kanuck on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:51 pm

Good episode.
Re: the roadblock, I doubt that the producers told the crowds to dump more paint, instead I think a) the first teams were more efficient and got in and out without fuss and b) as people in the area saw what was going on, maybe more joined in. Also, who would want to pass up the chance to 'get' the Racers who were standing about whining and flailing and such?
En route from the Roadblock to the detour, did anyone else notice that Kelly/Christy seemed to change vehicles? They started out in a cab (where they were "scaring" passerby and making various rude comments) and then suddenly they were in a rickshaw. I wonder if they annoyed the first driver so much that he kicekd them out. I'm glad to see them gone - every season there's at least one team with the rude "Ugly American" comments, and these two certainly fit the bill. Glad they're off my TV.

And I agree the clue guy was playing up the role, and both he and the greeter were hilarious. Had to laugh at Phil having to call the guy to the mat every time!
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby lucinator on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 am

The greeter was cracking me up too. I would loved to have seen Phil helping him with watering the lawn! I'm so glad Kelly and Christie are gone. I still like Toni and Dallas and am growing to like Nick and Starr more.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby Babalu on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:04 am

I'm SO glad that was an elimination leg. I was going to be furious if Kelly and Christie had gone farther when they DON'T READ the clues, even after having been burned in the past. (On the other hand, if they were in the top three, my husband told me I should go to TARCon and tell them, "I have a question for you. My question is: 'You suck!'" so maybe that would have been worth it if it meant I could go to NY.) Kelly always has such a sour look on her face, and Christie just came across as snotty (normal = American? Really?).

And how did I start rooting for Ken and Tina? Okay, part of it was I wanted either the divorcees or Frats to go before them - but not all of it. I really liked them this episode - they were smart, they didn't give up, and Tina in particular was quite gracious at the Speed Bump, just when I would probably have been at my bitchiest due to stress.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Postby Jeepin'G on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 am

Ahhh, the BFF's gone forever, what a pity.

I was waiting for Ken to throw a chop block, straight arm, or out and out tackle some of the paint throwers.

The best part of the episode was the judge of the bleary eyes detour. I think he was hamming it up, it was quite entertaining. My question was, why bother with the plugging in of the elephant god, it didn't present any extra challenge or seemingly add any extra time? The sewing guy could have easily handed them the clue.
Jeepin'G
at the start line

Postby PhilG on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:23 am

When I saw the greeter with the hose I was sure he was gonna wash down the racers as they checked in...
PhilG
road blocked

Postby rockhpi on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:36 am

My question was, why bother with the plugging in of the elephant god, it didn't present any extra challenge or seemingly add any extra time?

But you're missing the part that it was an electric singing Ganesha and was therefore hilarious. Like Billy Bass except religious.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons