13.3: Did You Push My Sports Bra Off The Ledge?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

13.3: Did You Push My Sports Bra Off The Ledge?

Postby Trista on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 pm

from CBS.com:

The high altitude of La Paz, Bolivia leaves one Racer breathless—literally. Will he be able to catch his breath before it’s too late? (One of the gamers)

Racers don spandex and take up the mantle of Fighting Cholitas. (Roadblock-we already know that Ken does it)

One Racer flies out of control on a Stone Age bike and a conflict over a sports bra sparks a mad-dash to the U-Turn. (I have to say that the obvious one for the U-Turn would be Kelly/Christy and Marisa/Brooke...but you never know)

Thoughts?
Trista
at the start line

Re: 13.3: Did You Push My Sports Bra Off The Ledge?

Postby vinzanity on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Can't wait! The preview looks enticing.
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Kanuck on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 am

I'm going to lock this thread for now - we'll unlock it on Sunday.
Until then, discussion about the upcoming episode can go either in the spoiler thread or the media thread (if related specifically to on-air previews).
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby miri on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Well, hell.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby AlexDitto on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 pm

I'm really, really disappointed.

I just... I don't think I have anything else to say. The roadblock was great, and the detour passable, but... that's a really terrible way to go.

Damn.
AlexDitto
at the start line

Postby mynameishunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Great show! However, upsetting in that that is a bad way to go. I really liked that team. I didn't see them bicker once. However if I had to choose between Nick and Star and Kelly and the other girl, I would have to go with Nick and Star. It's called a game and getting upset over a sports bra isn't hugely important in a race like this. However... I do wonder if Star pushed it off....
mynameishunter
the world is waiting

Postby corkystclair on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Totally sucks.

But that Roadblock? Fricking awesome. Especially with the costumes they made them wear.

I think I missed something. Did all the teams turn in a hat? Did they even have to? (At least it wasn't livestock...)

If the best footage for drama they can get from this season is an argument over a sports bra, that's a pretty sad commentary on these teams. We need a broken ox, dammit!
Last edited by corkystclair on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby AlexDitto on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:09 pm

mynameishunter wrote:Great show! However, upsetting in that that is a bad way to go. I really liked that team. I didn't see them bicker once. However if I had to choose between Nick and Star and Kelly and the other girl, I would have to go with Nick and Star. It's called a game and getting upset over a sports bra isn't hugely important in a race like this. However... I do wonder if Star pushed it off....

OK I guess I do have more to say. Isn't it far more likely that it just slipped off? Why would you hang a bra over a balcony railing? Seriously. Petty drama!

If there is one thing I wish this show would do away with, it's the petty drama and acting. Inter-team dynamics is not what attracts me to this show. It's the teams themselves, and the fact that HOLY SHIT it's a race around the world!

Also Phil attracts me to the show. Or just attracts me. Or something. Rawr. :B

Also there must have been no problem with the hats, so they didn't show them. I don't really like that, though. It's about challenges! They should have had to wear the hat on the mat.

And forget the broken Ox. I want more cool friendly adventurous nerdy teams and goths and fake-hippies and bowling moms.
AlexDitto
at the start line

Postby JenEx on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Wah. Am sad. They were right, though -- they were supposed to be the smart ones, and they should have read the clue.

Seriously, the Season of Stupid continues. Hey look, Terence & Sarah, it's a random red and yellow flag that looks nothing like the Race flag! Better stop!

However, that roadblock was Teh Awesome, and the sports bra fight hopefully will explode into major drama. Love Aja stirring up trouble. It's stupid drama, but since it's all the drama we've got, I'll take it.

No broken oxes, corky, but maybe next week a broken arm?
JenEx
TARfly

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 pm

They gave the hats to the wrestler they choice to wrestle with as a gift.

Once again to shows how important reading ALL of the clue is, and how the taxi gods influence the finishing order. I am surprised that Ken & Tine finished first again, I wonder if she has a remdemtion arc coming? Her voice still bugs though.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby colav10 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Is it just me or were the teams holding a Fast Forward clue at the start of the leg? I wonder what the Fast Forward task was and why no one went for it?
colav10
the world is waiting

Postby AlexDitto on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:59 pm

colav10 wrote:Is it just me or were the teams holding a Fast Forward clue at the start of the leg? I wonder what the Fast Forward task was and why no one went for it?

Maybe they had to eat the hat?
AlexDitto
at the start line

Postby Kanuck on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:20 pm

JenEx wrote:Seriously, the Season of Stupid continues. Hey look, Terence & Sarah, it's a random red and yellow flag that looks nothing like the Race flag! Better stop!

Seriously. It's a football ref's flag, not a race marker. At this rate they will overheat and explode any day now.

Also, the Texas girls need to chill. Your sports bra falls off the railing and so 'obviously' someone tried to knock it down and is thus your arch-enemy?!? Andy they couldn't let it go, either - the leg was 36 hours long, and yet they kept harping on it over. and over. and over. No wonder their marriages didn't work out. Sheesh.
Kanuck

Postby chkls99 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:44 pm

I thought this episode was really cool, because I just read this article in National Geographic.http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/09/wrestlers/guillermoprieto-text
chkls99
the world is waiting

Postby Jeepin'G on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:20 am

AlexDitto wrote:And forget the broken Ox. I want more cool friendly adventurous nerdy teams and goths and fake-hippies and bowling moms.

Yeah, that's what I want, too!

Very disappointing exit for a team I had high hopes for.

Kinda disappointing roadblocks and detours, too; though they were amusing. It seemed the taxi you got had more relevance in the overall time of arrival at the pitstop than anything else.

Lastly, where was the special tea the teams bought at the airport the last time they were at high altitude in Bolivia?
Jeepin'G
at the start line

Next

Return to Past Seasons