13.2 - Do You Like American Candy?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

13.2 - Do You Like American Candy?

Postby miri on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Discuss

I think the title should have been, "I'd like a clean head"
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 13.2 - Do You Like American Candy?

Postby AlexDitto on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:29 pm

DAMN IT! Mark and Bill were SO CLOSE TO FIRST. They're brilliant and fast and they'd BETTER WIN over that stupid arguing couple Ken and Tina. I'm so tired of their attitude. AUGH.

Exciting episode, but I felt very bad for that "painter." He had to listen to that damn list of locations over and over again. The idea about 11 was rather clever, I think that would have been a better challenge. Then again, Bill figured it out in no time flat, and if Tina hadn't snooped off him, the other teams would have been there for a long time... it took people a while to figure out brute forcing it.

I really don't understand some teams, though. I mean, pig latin? It's what, Portuguese? You can't tell me you don't recognize some words. Frankly, going into this race and not knowing some kind of Romance language has got to be bad juju.

FINALLY a search detour that was actually doable if you weren't thick! I think it was a good balanced tradeoff; the other teams were visibly exhausted after rolling the boat, putting them at a disadvantage for the rest of the race.

And seriously Nick? You could at least PRETEND not to be a douche. It's not like you came up with reading off the entire list on your own. You aren't the brightest crayon in the box, and you should be damn thankful you weren't eliminated, not being snarky about how it's cool to "play dirty." Playing dirty obviously didn't help, since you went from 2nd place to third to last in one challenge.

Seriously, though, the drama? Could do without it. What the heck is wrong with Terence? He wants her to BLOW ON HIS FORHEAD after a little bump? Holy bajeebuses it makes me want to punch my TV. I could do without the needy whiner for a season, seriously CBS. It's just grating!

GO MARK AND BILL GO. Beat the snot out of everyone!
Last edited by AlexDitto on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexDitto
at the start line

Postby mynameishunter on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I liked this episode. Mark and Bill are still my favorites but I like Nick and Star a lot also. I didn't mind that the team that got eliminated did.
mynameishunter
the world is waiting

Postby Yogi Bear on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Phil looked particularly handsome tonight in his corally-reddish shirt. What a great color!
Yogi Bear
yielded

Postby AlexDitto on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Yogi Bear wrote:Phil looked particularly handsome tonight in his corally-reddish shirt. What a great color!

So THAT was what it was. I thought it was the hair. There was SOMETHING about him while he was walking around those shipping containers. It must have been the shirt. So dashing! *_*

I loved the moment at the end when you could tell he and the old man at the pit stop were having a laugh at the three last place teams trying to figure out how to get past the fence. Brilliant.
AlexDitto
at the start line

Postby Jeepin'G on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:40 am

A good episode. The truth about everyone came out, now we know a little of what to expect: The morons, the thinkers, the needy, the impatient with their teammates, and the backstabbers.

I personally don't think Tina had much to do with getting a larger plane. If their team was there by themselves, I think they would have been waiting for the next available flight. When the agent realized that there were 12 (3 teams + 6 crew) people wanting the flight, that was probably the tipping point, and when another 28 people showed up for the flight, she was that airline's hero of the day. Really though, with everyone making the flight, all it did was save everyone a wait until the later flight; and possibly making it more dramatic at the roadblock and detour, since not everyone might have made the first flight out (i.e. everyone was even when the plane landed.)
Jeepin'G
at the start line

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 am

I personally don't think Tina had much to do with getting a larger plane.
Yeah, when in the history of airlines, has a airline ever made things easier for travelers. Especially lately.

What world does Tina live in? The order you checked in has nothing to do with the order you get on the plane. If that was true, I would always be the first person on board. I knew that they would be first at the pitstop when they showed Mark hitting Bill when talking about the Roadblock before they were at the pitstop.

I have a feeling that Terrence and Sarah are going to be with us for a long long time. Speaking of what world does someone live in.....Terrence seems to be in his own world too. He needs to grow up. Remember in season 7, Gretchen's injury - she has blood streaming down her face and it didn't stop her at all.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby rockhpi on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 am

Terence is seriously strange. She is nearly as strange for not running for ze hills the second she saw that sort of behavior.

The wall task was terrible, at least the way Phil explained it. When Tina first got the clue, she mentioned a list which would indicate the clue at least pointed them toward that list of names (Phil just made it seem like there was no indication at all which of the random words was their destination). But it was a terrible clue design. "Find a list of places then read them off one at a time to guy in front of three other teams who will hear the right answer." Even the All-Stars clue designers would find it ridiculous. "And it's kooky, see, because teams will OVERTHINK it". Crazy teams, assuming there's a reason to pick one of the names over the others. That's just "thinking", not "overthinking" you goobers. Terrible.

The detour was OK but not great. Still waiting to get out of the cities (OK there was a beach for three minutes, but...).

Also, I think we may have highest ratio of dopes-to-brains of any cast ever this time around. Danny and Oswald would obliterate every one of them. I'm rooting for a top 3 of Mark & Bill, Ty and Aja, and Nick and Starr at this point which means they will be the next 3 to go.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby miri on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:47 am

I agree about that sign clue - seriously stupid. I can't believe it took some teams that long to figure it out.

And I don't understand Nick telling a Frat Bro he'd be back with into when he had no intention of doing that. Why cause that ill-will? Just don't tell him you'll be back. I did love him telling his sister, rather politely, to back off, though.

I hope Kelly and Christy have learned to read the darn clues, now!

I honestly don't know what to say about Tereance...

And I agree that the airline saw a big pay day (lots of full-price last minute tickets) and that's why they bumped the plane up - not because of Tina's scary face.
miri

Postby Loraxe on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 am

UGh, Ken and Tina can't go away fast enough. Shut up Tina. And no, nobody owes you anything. The other teams would have to wait for a later team if you hadn't gotten a bigger plane? Well so would you, idiots. No advantage to anyone.

I actually wonder if that will effect the next leg. I guess Race production is used to scrambling though.

I don't know why but I still like the divorcees. Even though they made the stupidest mistakes in a leg where almost everyone did something dumb.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby JenEx on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 am

Stupidest Racers ever in the history of Racers. I'm going to dig in the sand for a container! I'm going to stand on the side of the road instead of check into where my taxi might have gone! I'm going to wander around town instead of following the signs pointing to taxis! I'm going to claim to have got an airline to change planes! I'm going to have an idiotic argument over whether or not someone was responsible for the plane change!

I mean, seriously. SERIOUSLY. These people are MORONS. And WTF is up with Terence? He's clearly insane. "I'm bleeding! Can't you see? I'm going to bleed to death! Rub my head!" W.T.F.

I like the Geeks. That's pretty much it.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:41 am

I don't know why but I still like the divorcees. Even though they made the stupidest mistakes in a leg where almost everyone did something dumb.
As I said in their thread, I think its because even when they mess up (and they did a few times), they seem to still have a positive attitude. They don't seem to obsess about messing up, they just move onto the next task (where yeah, they make the same mistake) Heh, and they did point out that Terrence was a jerk.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Tea-time on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:45 am

I was disappointed that the teams didn't have to drive the dune buggies - that could have been amusing.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby macaddict on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:52 am

I need a bigger Diet Coke. Is Tina around?
I'm actually liking Ken and Tina a little more, now that I'm not hearing every five minutes how he cheated on her. Plus, he helped diffuse that weird airport gate thing Tina caused with goofy humor.
And Terrence, if you're going to cry every time you get a boo-boo? Maybe you should have brought your mommy on the race.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:56 am

Maybe you should have brought your mommy on the race.
Not to get all uck but he is kind of acting like Sarah is in that role. Kiss it and make it all better? Who does that except for your mommy. Though, the actual racer whose mother is actually on the race is not acting like that at all. Even though he's probably younger than Terrence, he's much more mature.
Last edited by M. Darcy on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Next

Return to Past Seasons