12.9 - I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

12.9 - I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us

Postby miri on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Fallutin'!

I have a sinking feeling they are setting us up for a story line of "*pout* - we never come in first" which turns into "Yay! We won!"
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 12.9 - I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:47 pm

I thought it was kind of cute, the too old guys sharing snacks at the train station. Early in the show I got the goat vibe from TK & Rachel, and low and behold, they take a plane gamble that puts them way behind. Ron has impressed me with how far he has come with his injury.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Abiz on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I have that same sinking feeling.... They sure don't seem to be on the "look how much our relationship has improved since we've been on the race!" redeption arc, though. I think Ron and Chris get that one, at least for the moment.

I knew it wouldn't be an elimination as soon as TK and Rachel didn't get the pity clue.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby miri on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:50 pm

I don't really see it as TK and Rachel taking a plane gamble. They asked for the flight that got them into Osaka the earliest. Instead the guy gave them one that left India the earliest. He either didn't listen to or didn't understand their request. Did I miss something? Were they offered the flight the other teams took and turned it down?
miri

Postby PatentlyTAR on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 pm

I thought this was an excellent episode, the producer's just getting unlucky that TK and Rachel were so far behind that they sucked the suspense out. Both the detour and roadblock were interesting and I especially liked the no following people rule in the cabs. I also hope that the oh me, we never get first edit will hold up in the final round. It would be fun to see Nate and Jen watching either Ron and Christina or Nick and Don already there when they arrive (assuming TK and Rachel don't somehow manage to overcome the three hour plus speedbump).
PatentlyTAR
yielded

Postby yikes on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 pm

"He is like a bitch for me and it's perfect." And with that, Donald has become my favorite TAR senior EVER. I was lmao at that comment.

I immensly enjoyed the Roadblock and Detour. However I had a feeling this was the last NEL and with TK and Rachel that far back, it was kind of a moot point.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby KenF on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:58 pm

A very good episode. Totally enjoyed it. Tasks were good.

Don was funny trying to figure out the robots. Ron was kind of funny. And I do agree seeing them share snacks was kinda cute.

Looks interesting for next week.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby WalterC on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 am

With the first 2 teams arriving in the daytime, I'm pretty sure there will be bunching, allowing TK & Rachel to catch up. I also knew it was a non-elimination leg. After all, a placement leg that isn't part of a 2-hour finale, is boring TV.
WalterC
bunched

Postby rockhpi on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:48 am

They sure don't seem to be on the "look how much our relationship has improved since we've been on the race!" redeption arc

I dunno about that...they seemed to fight a lot less this episode than usual. I actually found myself rooting for them to get the first so they'd shut up. Plus, this is twice (at least)they got screwed by cab troubles.

I thought it was a great episode, except for TK & R falling so far behind. The robots were neat (especially seeing a senior master them) and the roadbloack got even better with the reaction shots of the passengers. Not sure why anyone in the world would take the needle-in-a-haystack flower choice, though Nate did say he didn't think the shop would be so big.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:06 am

I really really want that soccer playing robot. I am glad that someone did that task.

I wonder what happened with Ron and Christine's cab driver.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby emjaytee on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:10 am

The weird thing was that on my tv grid synopsis, it said "one team is eliminated".

Glad TK and Rachel are safe for now and there has to be some bunching at the airport. I think I'm rooting for them now.
emjaytee
TARfloozy

Postby Loraxe on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:23 am

I was quite impressed with how interesting this episode was, given that I was sure it was NE. They were lucky that it happened in a leg with interesting tasks. I thought it was brave of them to have driving, Christina could easily have caused an accident if her skills were as bad as she claimed.

The couples were the best part!

Although I am cheering for Grampa and Nick, at this point, all of these teams deserve to win. I won't find out until I start screaming at the finale who I really hate hehe.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby electricguru on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:31 am

Knew it was a non-elim when there was no pity clue from the "station cleaner".
Observations:
1) Jen is probably tough to live with - she's very sensitive. Nate, check you cojones at the altar.
2) Do all Osaka flower shop employees have green hair?
3) My grandfather never called me a bitch. I kinda wish he had.
4) Christina is more of a Jeopardy contestant than Wheel of Fortune.
5) Hey Nick, shouldn't a pilot have a "sense of direction"? Just curious.
6) Why even have the pretense of defense during the robot soccer? It was like Charla making 5 saves against Russian hockey players.
7) Spoiler-free and mc-lovin it!
8) I like all episodes of TAR. I don't find any of it boring. Serious lack of hot chicks is the only drawback.
9) My initials are TAR.
electricguru
yielded

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:38 am

I'm rooting for Grandpa and Nick as well. Gotta love a grandpa who refers to his grandson as his bitch! Hee! Plus, Nick just seems so good natured and easy going.

I have a sinking feeling they are setting us up for a story line of "*pout* - we never come in first" which turns into "Yay! We won!"

I was thinking the exact same thing! Ugh! She gets on my nerves more than him though. He touches her on the back and she starts wailing that he pushed her? Good lord woman, get a grip!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:44 am

I know. I loved the instant reply of the incident that never happened. Gotta love those editors.

They do have the same bad luck over and over though. They are in the lead and then have trouble getting a cab to the pit stop.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Next

Return to Past Seasons