12.7 - This is Forever, Now

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby bluelena on Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:47 am

I wonder if Gramps and Nick HAD to get the tattoo on their arm. I would have gotten it on my ass.
bluelena
TARfly

Postby emjaytee on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Hee. I thought the same thing. Put it somewhere inconspicuous. Although I have an aversion to showing my upper arms already, so it wouldn't necessarily be seen a lot.

I was actually surprised by Jen this time. She instructed Nate about the flags without screeching and was pretty low key. Has she finally figured out that screaming "I Hate You" won't actually do anything to help the win the race?
emjaytee
TARfloozy

Postby miri on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:17 pm

emjaytee wrote:I was actually surprised by Jen this time. She instructed Nate about the flags without screeching and was pretty low key. Has she finally figured out that screaming "I Hate You" won't actually do anything to help the win the race?

I know! As soon as he started having trouble with the flag, I started cringing. (It's a reflex action I have with them.) And then...no yelling; no screeching! What a nice change.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby shawnxmonkey on Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:32 am

This week was the first time we seen the goths go under a little bit. They didn't function very well as a team this week and it was almost their downfall. They are one of the only and i mean only teams on this season who haven't reallly had any problems in the communication department. The other teams not so much.

I am getting so sick of Ron and the way he yells at his daughter. If i was on the race i would of been kicked off the show because i would of had to like ran him over with my car lol
shawnxmonkey
at the start line

Postby timothytim on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:17 am

emjaytee wrote:I was actually surprised by Jen this time.

I suspect after last week's performance; they may have decided to 'get along'.

While I quite like them; Nicolas and Donald seem ready to go. A lot of the time; they've escaped elimination because of other teams' screw-ups. Ron and Chris I think are quite competent. Out of the three teams who ran into trouble with traffic at Florence (?), they navigated their way to the Roadblock fastest. For me; while I don't like it when Ron gets overly critical of Christina; I can't bring myself to find him offensive like some people do. He's not really the designated 'villain'.
timothytim
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby cooper on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:13 pm

Im loving that Nick and Don and Ron and Chris are still in the race. These are teams that would typically be gone in the first four episodes of a Race so its a nice change that they are hanging in there and doing pretty well. I actually hope Nick and Don make full use of both their first place start in the next leg , and the speed bump Kynt and Vyxsin are going to be lumbered with, to survive another leg.

This doesnt mean I want Kynt and Vyxsin to go. Far from it, I want these guys to make it to final 3, of course! The only remaining team that I dont feel any love for is Nate and Jen - I dont mind them at all,as much as I thought I would, but they are definately the least appealing to me out of the five remaining teams.

The non-elimination was very very welcome. I couldnt figure out how they were going to do the race if they kept eliminating teams every week, cos it would have been over in no time. So I was expecting a double leg this week. The fact it turned out to be a non-elimination though leads me to believe that whoever made that statement about there not being and NELs this season, to reduce the number of episodes and keep things more exciting, must have got confused. Its clearly the 'to be continued' double legs that have been scrapped from this season, and thats probably what that producer meant to explain, and he got his terminology mixed up. So we probably are still looking at 11 episodes this time round.

Have to say Im really enjoying the teams, locations and tasks this season. Looking forward to seeing the speed bump next week!
cooper
bunched

Postby evening on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:39 am

I've been thinking about the tattoo thing... I'm not religious by any means, but getting tattoed is against my religion (Jewish, and I would guess its the same for Muslims - so we're talking about a decent % of the world) and it sort of bothers me that CBS would make this a FF option. Sort of the same way it bothered me that they dont get that bowing down before Buddha is a religious act that is prohibited by other religions and even rebellious me, who grew up cutting through the pork store to get to Hebrew school, wouldnt do it.
evening
road blocked

Postby Rachel RSL on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:02 pm

It's against Judaism law to have a tattoo? Well crap, just one more reason why I'm going to Hell one day. I don't fault CBS for putting stuff like that in the Race though. Pretty much everything is a violation of someone's beliefs/religion/values, etc. Besides, they could always choose not to do the FF. So it's not like they had no other option. In any case, I think that if you sign up for a reality show, you pretty much acknowledge that you're willing to deal with issues that may go against your own beliefs.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby BD on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:16 pm

bluelena wrote:I wonder if Gramps and Nick HAD to get the tattoo on their arm. I would have gotten it on my ass.

That's what Suga said! One "f" on each cheek!
BD
yielded

Postby Jake on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Rachel RSL wrote:In any case, I think that if you sign up for a reality show, you pretty much acknowledge that you're willing to deal with issues that may go against your own beliefs.

For the entertainment of the masses, no less! I'm sure they try to cast people and then put them into situations where they need to make some moral decision - like should a vegan eat bugs on <i>Survivor</i>, or what have you.

I would have gotten the tat without any problem.
Jake
taking a detour

Postby shy1215 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 pm

I totally would have gotten the Tattoo without any problems. I would have tried to get it somewhere else though. It would be a great reminder of the Race.

I would love to see Nate and Jen go next and then I will be happy with whoever wins.
shy1215
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby lucinator on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Rachel RSL wrote:I think that if you sign up for a reality show, you pretty much acknowledge that you're willing to deal with issues that may go against your own beliefs.

I agree - personally, I wouldn't want to eat any "weird" food (bugs, octopus, several pounds of beef, etc.) but, if I were to go on the show, I'd have to accept that I might be asked to do so.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby M. Darcy on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:24 pm

It's against Judaism law to have a tattoo?Well crap, just one more reason why I'm going to Hell one day.
Yes it is against Jewish law. Of course, we don't believe in Hell either so you are ok.

Which would have been interesting if I was on the show. Because I don't think I could have done it - the question would have been would I think the money and chance of being eliminated is worth doing something I think would be wrong (wrong in my beliefs, not that I think tattoos are wrong....you know what I mean).

But I would know that I agreed to be on the show and if I was eliminated because of it, its not the shows fault. It would be my responsiblity.
Last edited by M. Darcy on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Rachel RSL on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:03 pm

But tattoos can be removed so you could always get a big old Star of David right next to the FFs and then have them removed after. Or is that cheating?
Rachel RSL

Postby bungle3358 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:15 pm

I wouldn't have a problem getting the tattoo (already got one!), but would want it somewhere else. I want to save my arm for something cooler.

BTW, It is prohibited by the Muslim faith. (I just read an article that many people in Iraq are getting tattooed anyway, so if they get killed, their bodies are identifiable. How depressing is that?)

I've debated w/ myself whether if I were on the show and faced with a food challenge, I could/should eat meat. It's not a religious thing, but a personal belief. I would really hate to, but I was a meat-eater for 30 some years before I switched, and I've probably eaten it unknowingly once or twice since I switched.
bungle3358
road blocked

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons