11.3 I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby Tribefan on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:30 pm

Fast-paced and suspenseful through and through.

I agree! Even though I am completely and thoroughly spoiled and knew who was getting eliminated, I was still stressed out over anything that hinted that Danny & Oswald or the Guidos might be in trouble. That's good editing.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby tallskinnylatte on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:52 pm

That IS good editing.

It was really exciting for those of us who remain spoiler-free!!! I thought David & Mary were going to be saved again by another team's blunder.

I really thought the Guidos were gonners until they pulled up behind Charla & Mirna.
tallskinnylatte
taking a detour

Postby Tris on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:40 pm

Zron wrote:If that's how he behaves in public, I can't imagine what Eric must say in the bedroom. (Or, I don't want to.)

Who needs a kitten?
Tris
taking a detour

Postby EnricoV on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:09 pm

leew261 wrote:Yes, they thought they needed to take the rafts to find the clue. Kind of a boneheaded move, but they did a great job recovering from it.

It reminded me a lot of the Heather/Eve taxi/walk situation. They did a good job of convincing themselves that their situation fit the instruction, rather than were they doing what the routemarker told them to do. They should have known better. TAR has never, and would never, change mode of transportation without actually telling you to do it.

And on totally another topic ... I just have to say. Being a West-coaster, I found it fascinating that as they were driving in Puerto Montt, and racers they needed to get on "the 5" - what they were talking about I-5. The same highway I drive all the time. They were just at way, way, way the other end of it.
EnricoV
bunched

Postby leew261 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:45 pm

They couldn't have been talking about I-5, since it ends at the Mexican border.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby kelda_shelton on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:06 pm

I do see chemistry between Eric and Danielle.. am i really the only one?

he has his tender moments with her... humpty dumpty thing last week and he said something this episode too whci was kinda baby talk..

I thought the use your boobs was quite funny (I'm also female!) and it makes sense then she didn't have the flipping all over the place! He was just frustrated - perhaps not the best way to deal with the frustration but I didn't think it was terrible...

loved Teri and Ian - and she called him eye-an as she fell out of the raft....
kelda_shelton
bunched

Postby Need 2 Run on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:29 pm

leew261 wrote:Asshole.

Abate (to put an end to as a nuisance; to decrease in amount,number or degree).
Need 2 Run
yielded

Postby miri on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:39 pm

I think it's for "At least I'm not Mirna."
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby buckybacker on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 pm

What I don't get is why the Guido's blocked the car? Was there a comment or something? While annoying, it didn't seem evil since it was only a delay of a couple of seconds.

Just rewatched the first part of the episode. Team Hybrid was tailing Guidos out of the pitstop. When the Guidos pulled over to ask directions, Eric pulled over and listened too. As soon as the directions were over, Eric took off and passed the Guidos while Bill was getting back in the car. According to their interview spliced in (and they were looking very 1970s with their black turtlenecks and chains on), Bill was upset they did all the work and Hybrid leapfrogged them. Hence the block the car move.
buckybacker
bunched

Postby theamazingracer on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:28 pm

I think the one thing I haven't liked about this season is that the majority of tasks are so ridiculously generic that it takes the Amazing out of The Race. The fish farm this leg is the only TASK I don't think is generic - sure the cowboys and military uniforms were cultural, but they weren't a task on their own. Seriously, you could do rock-climbing or rafting (or the boardroom puzzle, or construction work) practically ANYWHERE.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved the two Chile episodes - but it needs more Amazingness.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the three eliminated teams so far are three teams that didn't race through South America in their first appearance?

I was going to add something else here, but I have forgotten what it was. Will edit later if I remember.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby EnricoV on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:53 am

leew261 wrote:They couldn't have been talking about I-5, since it ends at the Mexican border.

You're right. I went and looked. I always thought that the route in Tim Cahill's book about the journey from Prudhoe Bay to Ushuaia, was one continuously numbered road. But it's different in different countries.

Oh well. You live, you learn.

I'll have to go back and read it again, now that I've had more (vicarious) visual experience at the southern end of the trip.
EnricoV
bunched

Postby lucinator on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:53 am

I work a couple of miles from I-5. Let's meet for lunch!

[Kidding. I work in Glendale, CA.]
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby KenF on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:56 am

I was looking through the "Carissa Explains It All" columns from TAR9 and I came across this tidbit from her Episode 3 recap.

Danielle said she was going to play the game with her boobs. I don't get that at all. Maybe she thinks they will have a detour or roadblock where she will have to bounce.

Maybe Eric had this in mind when he yelled at Danielle to use her boobs. That Carissa is so smart. :-D
KenF
taking a detour

Postby kelda_shelton on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:45 pm

mirna and charla made me laugh wehen they got offended at the guidos passing them after they had helped them- HELLO! thats what you did last week to kentucky!!
kelda_shelton
bunched

Postby PatentlyTAR on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:13 pm

Buckybaker,

Thanks for clearing up the Guido's move. I must have been distracted by one of my kids.
PatentlyTAR
yielded

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons