11.3 I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby joe m on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am

Mirna always looks like an actress portraying a grieving widow. Every time she has this face on like "I will perservere, despite my enormous tragedy."

I was thinking Carol Kane in When a Stranger Calls from the late 70s, especially in the first 20 minutes, before the movie starts to drag out.

Very disappointed the BQ's blunder didn't cost them anything. That's just dopey racing.

They did luck out in having just 4-6 miles from clue to Pit Stop, and having the river to follow.

*cough*Amberhasasmokin'ass*cough*

But that was during the courtship. Now that she's a married woman, he'd never say that publicly. (-;
joe m
taking a detour

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am

If your clue said nothing about rafting, yet you find rafts, doesn't that ring a warning bell? Very disappointed the BQ's blunder didn't cost them anything. That's just dopey racing.

I'm not sure, but when they were reading the clue, I thought I heard one of them say that the clue was "along the river" so I guess they thought that meant they had to get in the rafts in order to get the clue.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby Zron on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:17 am

Yeah, Rob would never go on television and make comments like that about Amber.

*cough*Amberhasasmokin'ass*cough*

In Rob's defence (it feels so wrong to say that), my recollection is that he made that comment in a one-on-one interview, presumably in response to a question about his relationship with Amber. Not exactly the same as repeatedly yelling "USE YOUR BOOBS!" in front of the entire cast and crew.

If that's how he behaves in public, I can't imagine what Eric must say in the bedroom. (Or, I don't want to.)
Zron
angel of death
angel of death

Postby leew261 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:22 am

I never heard "The last team to arrive may be eliminated"...

They've been saying that almost every episode for a number of seasons.

I'm not sure, but when they were reading the clue, I thought I heard one of them say that the clue was "along the river" so I guess they thought that meant they had to get in the rafts in order to get the clue.

Yes, they thought they needed to take the rafts to find the clue. Kind of a boneheaded move, but they did a great job recovering from it.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 am

I guess they thought that meant they had to get in the rafts in order to get the clue
I think so too. I remember them talking about looking for clues when they were in the raft.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby buckybacker on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:34 am

I've loved the tasks in the last two episodes. The clue on the bottom of the fishtank and the letters Roadblock from last week were great - it's nice to be closer to the early seasons.

Guidos' lucked out. Schmirna can go anytime - their language skills and attitude get worse as the stress increases. Ian's comment about the BQs "wiggling and jiggling" brought back thoughts of the Double D comment at the airline counter from TAR9. Eric has officially made me keep from showing my boys this episode, not that they don't know what boobs are but I don't need that as an example. I found it ironic that the BQs were working with Terian since, "they are good at directions," and then took the lead and got them lost.

Mental note: always give the code on the back of my credit card to other teams buying tickets. I wonder if there's a rule against using another teams credit card? If not, let's max out someone's credit and strand them somewhere!
buckybacker
bunched

Postby emjaytee on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 am

I never heard "The last team to arrive may be eliminated"...

What's interesting was that at the beginning of the show, Phil said for the first time since I can't remember when, "who will be eliminated... Tonight?"
emjaytee
TARfloozy

Postby Riddikulus on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:03 am

When the two teams I most want to be eliminated are battling for last place, it has to be a good episode!

Yay! to the Guidos bringing the evil. I love it.

If Eric and Danielle actually have feelings for each other, they are doing an excellent job of not letting it show.
Riddikulus
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby PatentlyTAR on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:23 am

What I don't get is why the Guido's blocked the car? Was there a comment or something? While annoying, it didn't seem evil since it was only a delay of a couple of seconds.

I agree with everyone that the clues are much more sophisticated in this race. There is a little less spoonfeeding and a little more actual intelligence required. One more step up of difficulty would be excellent, but the problem is that it might disperse the pack too much, reducing the suspense.
PatentlyTAR
yielded

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:25 am

Heh...I loved the blocking of the car. It was so vintage Team Guido! Not exactly evil, but "eeeeeeevil". *clink*
Rachel RSL

Postby heliwoman on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

leew261 wrote:
Yes, they thought they needed to take the rafts to find the clue. Kind of a boneheaded move, but they did a great job recovering from it.

I think what really helped is what wasn't shown on tv: that 2 of the teams bald-snarked. Uchenna & Joyce and one other team attempted the rock climbing and then switched for whatever reason. Not sure why they didn't show it, but in the photos section of the episode on the cbs site there's a picture of U&J. Who the 2nd team is I don't know but it was a "teaser" for this weeks episode on the web site last week. So yeah they did recover but they were just luck I think.

This appears to be my day of quoting you leew261. Sorry.
heliwoman
yielded

Postby leew261 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:49 am

Not a problem. :)

And really, it goes to the point I was making in my first post in this thread: there was an incredible amount of bumbling that occurred in this episode.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Loved this epi so much it made me late for work this morning. (Seriously -- anybody know what billing code I can charge "Screaming GOOOOOO, Danny, Oswald and the Guidoooooos!!" to?)

Man, that Roadblock was comedy gold. Flopping fish, squealing Racers, ichthyphobia, boobs, face plants... all it needed was a few locals lined up on the path to the holding tank, beating the Racers with Nerf bats. Best. Roadblock. EVER.

AGREED (though I might change the Nerf bat-hitting to tomato-pelting, from another task I dug. HEE!).
Add to that people falling out of boats (You go on with your bad self, Teri!!), running around in bathing suits (and apologizing for it again in weird-o foreign-o accent-os) and busting out comments like "Rob is Not Jesus" and Promise me you'll do more cardio!", and I am a happy happy girl. Goodbye Kentucky! You won't be missed!!!

In other news: I know it's a lot to ask, but can they please just stay in Spanish-speaking coutries for the whole race so I can keep listening to Ozzy's melifluous tones in Espanol? Pleeeeease???
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby Giuseppe on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:43 pm

but can they please just stay in Spanish-speaking coutries for the whole race so I can keep listening to Ozzy's melifluous tones in Espanol? Pleeeeease???

I'm with you, wtf. Y'all know (or some of you do) that I have a serious thing for Latino men/accents. Ozzy is making me melt with all that spanish-speaking.

I much enjoyed this episode. Fast-paced and suspenseful through and through.[/quote]
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby tallskinnylatte on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:10 pm

whereverthefk wrote:Loved this epi so much it made me late for work this morning. (Seriously -- anybody know what billing code I can charge "Screaming GOOOOOO, Danny, Oswald and the Guidoooooos!!" to?)

"Put it on the Underhill bill."
tallskinnylatte
taking a detour

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons