11.3 I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby lucinator on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:02 am

macaddict wrote:I did like the look on Dave's face when Mary was going on about maybe falling out of the raft when they were heading back to the changing area.

That was my favorite moment of the night! Way to go, Amazing Editors!
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby LFBNick on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:17 am

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/shows/ep03/photos.php?id=12
Look at Mirna, looks like a really bad basketball shot. And goto picture 17, Terri is spazing out more then the fish! God, I would have HATED to do that roadblock. They should make Eric do it after the season is over.
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby leew261 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:13 am

Surely there was still time before the ticket counters opened up to do it, since U&J could tell them exactly how to get to the hotel and which flight to look for.

I wondered that too, but I just assumed that there wasn't enough time left.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby heliwoman on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:29 am

leew261 wrote:
Surely there was still time before the ticket counters opened up to do it, since U&J could tell them exactly how to get to the hotel and which flight to look for.

Iirc, BJ & Tyler said in one of their interviews that once they arrived at the airport they had to turn the car in, hence they went back into town to beg for money instead of confirming a flight first. I assumed that this was the case here as well. We didn't see what vehicle they were in to get back to the hotel so I figured it was a courtsey shuttle and that's why there wasn't enough time.
heliwoman
yielded

Postby amelia on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:58 am

The way Eric talks to Danielle is inexcusable. I wanted to smack him with one of those fish.

btw, does anyone know what kind of fish they were ? To me they looked kind of like stingrays without the stingers.

Beautiful scenery this week...but I'm ready for a new continent.
amelia
yielded

Postby Northwoods101 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:03 am

I think they were flounders, because of the way they sticking close to the bottom of the tank. Sting rays have long pointy tails and the stinger is near where the tail joins the body.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 am

I've seen several instances through the years of a Racer thelling their teammate who had just done a scary Roadblock or Detour what a great job they did
Yeah, not to excuse Eric's behavior because he was acting like an ass, but it was FISH. Fish. Not deadly fish, flounder. Not the scariest thing in the world.

I cannot figure out why Mirna is even on the Race. She never seems to be having a good time and always seems to be suffering. And, why I don't think they are good racers - when they figured out the Guidos mistake, they could have taken the moment to laugh and bond with them, which could get the Guidos on their side which could help them later, but no, Mirna had to show how superior she was to them. And, when you barge up to a ticket counter and interrupt someone else, the person always stops and helps you. Geez.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Tribefan on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:29 am

Didn't Eric (or Danielle) say that Bill looked psycho? Hee. I'm not seeing it, but it's better than looking like a giant ass (Eric).

I'm just not seeing the "love connection" between Eric and Danielle. At all.
Last edited by Tribefan on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 am

I don't even think Eric and Danielle like each other, none the less are actually dating.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby rabrab on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:40 am

Good point about the teams having to turn in the cars. heliwoman. I hadn't considered that it could have been a shuttle.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby KenF on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:40 am

Tribefan wrote:Didn't Eric (or Danielle) say that Bill looked psycho? Hee. I'm not seeing it, but it's better than looking like a giant ass (Eric).

Bill looks more like a distinguished gentleman rather than psycho. Danielle is a bimbo.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:42 am

I forgot the best part - Team Guido in their matching black outfits with their haircuts looked just like Carmen Ghia in the Producers.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby joe m on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:44 am

M. Darcy wrote:
Yeah, not to excuse Eric's behavior because he was acting like an ass, but it was FISH. Fish. Not deadly fish, flounder. Not the scariest thing in the world.

Who knew Flounderphobia was so prevalant? 3 of 18 people seemed to have it. Still, a good episode.

I have to begrudgingly acknowledge that Romber might actually be good racers. The first time around I chalked up their high placement to a woeful lack of quality competition. They are doing better than holding their own against a far superior pack. Now if only Rob & Brennan, Frank & Margarita, and KennyG had replaced the cannon fodder that's already been Philiminated, we could see how they really stack up.
joe m
taking a detour

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:48 am

quote from Rob "he was constanl making comments about her breasts, not to say I wasn't making comments about Amber, "Amber you look like a fisher women" there different typesw of comments"
I am not a Romber fan at all, but Ros comments weren't sexist at all, while erics were.

Yeah, Rob would never go on television and make comments like that about Amber.

*cough*Amberhasasmokin'ass*cough*
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby rockhpi on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 am

In her interviews, Mirna always looks like an actress portraying a grieving widow. Every time she has this face on like "I will perservere, despite my enormous tragedy."

I never heard "The last team to arrive may be eliminated" so I was thinking perhaps it would be non-elim, though it's awfully early for that.

Seriously, after being on the Race once and (hopefully) having seen the show before, why in the world would you go on a task without knowing what you were supposed to do? If your clue said nothing about rafting, yet you find rafts, doesn't that ring a warning bell? Very disappointed the BQ's blunder didn't cost them anything. That's just dopey racing.
rockhpi
taking a detour

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons