11.3 I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby leew261 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 pm

I also noticed that when they got back in the car Eric didn't give Danielle any encouragement.

I noticed that too. I'm really unimpressed with their so-called teamwork.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:00 pm

quote from Rob "he was constanl making comments about her breasts, not to say I wasn't making comments about Amber, "Amber you look like a fisher women" there different typesw of comments"
I am not a Romber fan at all, but Ros comments weren't sexist at all, while erics were.

Guidos "Rob is not Jesus" LOL, and great to run your own race
Last edited by Northwoods101 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Mama Tiger on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:07 pm

And that "Charla's going to be in love" comment?

If it had been from anyone other than Oswald, who doesn't have a mean bone in his body, I would have been more offended. Because all dwarfs obviously are so desperate they have to fall in love with any other chance dwarf they see. :rolling eyes: Ignoring, of course, the fact that Charla's also married. Which she was last time she was on the race, too. Way to feed into the stereotypes again, production!

Tonight's show was just a navigation mess start to finish. It doesn't help that I'm pretty drugged up post-knee-replacement last Monday, but I pretty much lost track about halfway through who was where. Except that I was not sorry to see Kentucky go. Mary really needs to grasp the fact that it's the Amazing Race, not the Amazing Kindergarten Take-Turns Session!

What was Ian's comment about the BQs? Wiggling and jiggling their way around the world, or something like that? I like the newer, gentler Ian!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby rabrab on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 pm

If Charla had taken the Roadblock, would TPTB provide her with smaller fish?

Why should they? The fish weren't huge, and the water wasn't terribly deep (it was just over knee-deep on Mirna, so it would be maybe hip-deep on Charla.)

I'm wondering why no-one did the rock-climb. 40 feet isn't that far and it looked like a nice rough face with lots of hand and foot-holds. I was on the phone with my sis , and we both said "Rocks!" as soon as we heard cat 3 and 4 rapids. That's some rough water, besides the drive there, the ride back to the starting point and then the drive to the pitstop. Besides, there's not a lot of opportunity to pass another boat on a whitewater stretch, as far as I know, so it's pretty much first in, first out.

Another thing I'm wondering: When Uchenna and Joyce got back to the airport with the tickets, and the information that they hadn't been able to get them for Danny & Oswald and Eric & Danielle, why didn't one of those two teams go back to the hotel with the information and get them? Surely there was still time before the ticket counters opened up to do it, since U&J could tell them exactly how to get to the hotel and which flight to look for.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:24 pm

I have canoed class rapids regularly so in a raft it would e like a walk in the park. Whereas the rock climing would be hard work in thin air. I'd rather take the easier route.
TPTB should make no exceptions for Charla, they didn't the first time
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:45 pm

- I can't believe those comments Eric was making to Danielle at the Roadblock. What an asshole. "Don't be a baby"..."use your boobs"...good grief. I can see why she supposedly dumped his ass; and if she didn't, she should.

- Rob is not Jesus, but he's pretty damn close. He and Amber are the third team ever to win 3 consecutive legs (Colin & Christie and BJ & Tyler).

- Had I been forced to do that Roadblock, I would have been like Danielle, David and Mirna. Props to all three of them for overcoming their fear and completing it (not that Eric The Asshole noticed, but...)

- "Oh my god, they passed us IN A FREAKIN' RACE! HOW DARE THEY!!!" That was paraphrased, but adios, David and Mary. (Honestly, I didn't think they'd last 3 legs.)
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Zron on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Man, that Roadblock was comedy gold. Flopping fish, squealing Racers, ichthyphobia, boobs, face plants... all it needed was a few locals lined up on the path to the holding tank, beating the Racers with Nerf bats. Best. Roadblock. EVER.
Zron
angel of death
angel of death

Postby macaddict on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:59 pm

ichthyphobia, boobs
Great name for a rock band! tm Dave Barry

Dave and Mary are gone! While I feel sorry for JV/J and K/D back at Sequesterville, I'm glad I don't have to watch them fumble around the world any more. And I liked 'em in the first race! How times have changed.

I did like the look on Dave's face when Mary was going on about maybe falling out of the raft when they were heading back to the changing area.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby sls on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:09 pm

I found it surprising that no one did the climb, too. Both because it didn't look all that difficult, and because on the CBS site, they mentioned that 2 teams attempted the climb and then changed detour tasks. Did I miss that part?
sls
at the start line

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Looks like an edit.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Fukui San on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Zron wrote:Man, that Roadblock was comedy gold. Flopping fish, squealing Racers, ichthyphobia, boobs, face plants... all it needed was a few locals lined up on the path to the holding tank, beating the Racers with Nerf bats. Best. Roadblock. EVER.

Totally agreed.

I'm actually bothered by the tendency to use little people greeters and clue people in seasons when Charla is on. Have they had one little person in any other season? It's so unnecessary.

One thing about the climbing detour. This time it was actually climbing, instead of the ascenders which they usually use which is probably much easier. Maybe that's why they didn't do it.

Next week, I really hope the teams pass a sign saying "Have you seen me?" with a picture of Mirna's kidnapped fern before they leave the country.
Fukui San
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby jer2002 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:46 pm

OMG I'm still laughing at "USE YOUR BOOBS!" So Eric. He cracks me up. What crawled up Charla's ass and died with her "I'm not privileged to be tall" crap at the airport? I'm sick of her martyr/victim complex. "DO NOT SPEAK TO MY PERSON!" Go Teri!
jer2002
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:55 pm

Did we ever think we would love Teri & Ian so much this season? Teri's attitude going off the raft was great. And I loved how they all touched oars afterwards?

And Teri telling off Mirna. PRICELESS!!!!!
KenF
taking a detour

Postby rabrab on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Haven't they done rock-climbing without ascenders before? As far as I know, the ascenders first showed up in season 5.

According to Wikipedia (I'm having trouble with the CBS site tonight.) there was a rock climbing Detour in Season 1 in leg 10, then a glacier climb in leg 12. There was rappelling in the intervening Races, then the ascenders made their appearance in Race 5 and except for the ice climb in TAR 6, all climbing tasks since have either been a ladder, a rope ladder, or ascender-assisted.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby miri on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:24 am

Looks like Uchenna & Joyce tried the climb.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons